Price Speculation

whut? on Kraken +7.2% meanwhile all the other coins are on minus

if they think about merging both coins in the future, we need to reach eth value at some point

Price follows hashrate.

The news could help Zcash if there’s an airdrop in the future, but it won’t help for very long. The price will go back down from this. What Zcashco should do is integrate this tech and get BOLT up and running as soon as they can after Sapling is finished. Zcash could conceivably get BOLT before Bitcoin gets Lightning network. I think that would be huge for Zcash and would be better than trying to ride the coattails of Ethereum. Zcashco can continue to help them with tech, but I think they should make Zcash better first and foremost.

Seems this little pump was short, but what will happen in few weeks?

This is what I’ve been saying for months now :slight_smile: But it seems this time it was caused by people FOMOing on Vitalik’s statement.

Some of the details of Vitalik’s post are specific to Ethereum, but most are not. We haven’t published any plans concerning it, but personally I’m very enthusiastic about the ideas underlying Coda (that’s why I spent significant effort working out the cost of pairings in R1CS circuits). Succinct blockchains are the future of blockchains, in my opinion.

BOLT is complementary to Coda-style succinct blockchain tech.

7 Likes

Coda doesn’t get the air-time it deserves, mind-meltingly-brilliant stuff that hardly anyone knows about.

5 Likes

I have to warn people now of possible price manipulations with Zcash and Horizen. New batch of Z9 master is shipping now, Bitmain and Insillicon need to sell more, as no one would buy it at current profitability calulations, so it will probably manipulate the price in order to sell enough, then dump it. Who thinks he can ride the train and know when to pull out, I say go ahead :slight_smile:

Zec seems to in green, but cant find why. Others in red .

That might be part of it (in china zec is trading with a small premium [2-7$]).
What I see much different in ZEC market is binance BTC/ZEC volume quadruple in the last 24 hours!
Insiders please share info!

1 Like

nice volume this AM! beating dash, and ETC. this pleases good ole kek.

2 Likes

Just saw this… sounds like progress.

Doesn’t specifically mention ZEC but nothing wrong with optimism.

1 Like

Links to https://theblockcrypto.com/2018/09/25/coinbase-has-revamped-its-listing-policy-and-it-may-mean-new-coins-are-coming-to-certain-regions/
And
https://listing.coinbase.com/
Not too hip on “irrespective”

Just to clarify, this bug does not affect Zcash: the change that introduced it was not backported (or considered for backporting). It also does not to my knowledge affect other Zcash forks.

I don’t know whether our code review would have caught it. I suspect that it would, because the change was clearly (not just with hindsight) consensus-critical, and such changes are reviewed with similar thoroughness to consensus code that we write ourselves. That is essential because it is in general not safe to merge changes from Bitcoin consensus code given other Zcash differences, even when they are correct for Bitcoin Core.

8 Likes

Thank you, and to everyone at the company and foundation and community :blush: (we dont do it enough)

8 Likes

Sounds good as well.

1 Like

IF
I Told You
THEN
Right
Dont Cry
Loop

1 Like

HORSE SHOEEEE!! Bull run confirmeddd

3 Likes