Radical “to the moon” thread

so, i was thinking about writing my first ZIP. wanted to see how the forum denizens feel about it before i spend time on this specific ZIP. title pretty much says it all

“after 2020 halving; change zcash issuance to consistent 3% yearly inflation (no more halvings) until remainder of 21 million ZEC supply’s exhausted.”

would love feedback! complaints, etc included

5 Likes

Did you make a calculation on how many long it would take to have the supply exhausted and what impact that would have for miners profitability? That’s where i would begin with such proposal.

2 Likes

That would be interesting - think that would be the first ZIP to focus purely on economics rather than the tech.

1 Like

Not that it matters, but i made such suggestion allready 1 year ago that it’s the only way to stop the ZEC price downfall for the next 5 years, but nobody for some reason thought it was a good idea. Interesting that we literally have to hit the bottom until such idea gets supported at least by some…

The only thing that could work is changing the yearly issuance to a more flat and lower one. Besides creating more demand of course which obviously doesn’t work out so far.

…SO WHERE’S YOUR ZIP ??

Yes, I’m officially grumpy, that’s one ‘I told you so’ too many. Sorry alex but you’ve graduated to my ignore list for a week.

2 Likes
1 Like

I just begun to make some calculations again and if i remember right the last time (1 year ago) when i had this idea it turned out to be only possible with a POS design. I have to make again some calculations to check if it was indeed like that, but i think the outcome was just that, that a POS design is needed to secure the network in such low issuance/inflation case.

1 Like

I can’t do a ZIP, even less 1 year ago. As there was 0 support from the community than back why making a zip at all after everybody and his grandma ignored the issue or was against it? If kek would get only negative feedback here i doubt he would made a proposal at all and wasted just his time…

Stop discussing rubbish. ECC and zooko and whoever better knows how to do things. You seem to forgot the purpose of this thread - only positive mood and believing in tomorrow’s To The Moon! Just believe guys :slight_smile: Believe and throw poop at bears as you used to do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Meanwhile marketing department…

I made images similar to that once using a l-system generator, its fun and not the easiest thing to do, you have to write a piece of recursive turtle graphic code that ends up looking like a z of sorts!

zcash wants to moon, hard

keep fighting bear - you’re going to lose this one

4 Likes

still fighting - zcash wants to explode

5 Likes

i’ll consider that zcash wants to explode after it reclaims 0.01. until then it’s all noise.

5 Likes

wonder if the dollar bot is starting to get confused

3 Likes

if i see the term “problematic” in an article’s title - i don’t read said article. no exceptions!

1 Like

Lol, this could result in somehow living in an echo chamber at the end without grip to reality.

To make my post moon confirm. I think ZEC might get up 0.0001BTC today. (just kidding)

1 Like