Radical “to the moon” thread

It’s not about “virtue signaling” it is literally the Zcash Foundations 501(c)3 mission statement

The Zcash Foundation is a public charity that builds and supports privacy infrastructure for the public good.

As a non-profit they can’t be correlated with trying to manipulate the price of Zcash. And ECC is sort of in the same boat, as a for-profit organization they have to worry about the SEC and other entities perceiving them as trying to manipulate market price.

ZIP-1014 was purposely redundant, making MGRC under the wing and the same restrictions as the Zcash Foundation. One could argue that a completely separate legal entity as was proposed by a couple other dev-fund ZIPs would be more aggressive and independent, and I would agree. But unfortunately that is not where were are at so we have to work with the tools that we have. I’m going to do my best within the framework that MGRC has to help drive Zcash adoption and Z-address use.

(Note that I said “value” as in “value as a useful tool to transact privately” which doesn’t necessarily correlate with market value)

2 Likes