Radical “to the moon” thread

looks like we’re getting Lbanked again

weird how lbank’s magic volume always seems to spike when ZEC’s weak, or @ critical support levels. it’s almost like they’re sell spoofing our average.

1 Like

know i’ve said this before, but lbank does this to QTUM too for some reason. really like to see major reporting sites exclude lbank’s reporting. has to be some sort of attack on ZEC, and QTUM

image QTUM’s been like this for days.

1 Like

nice to see you moved away from (good) wash trading and consider it now more an attack as i as well all the time said it’s hurting us more than it helps us.

i consider wash trading legit volume. lbank specifically reports fake buys/sells.

side note - definitely thinking it’s an attack.

1 Like

lbank was mainly doing it with ETH pair, but now seem to be moving into BTC pair, with tethers sneaking up quickly! image i think this is an attack

That’s why always seeing a big dump when goes up a little

1 Like

Sooner or later Lbank will get ‘a visit’ & discover how much shit they’re in, that will be a nice trading day.

This is a strange coincidence. You know much more about trading than me, how would/does this affect the markets other than a misleading total volume number?

This will get you thinkin’:

***The Zcash Foundation contributed funding for the project. The Zcash Foundation exists to build and support tools that enable privacy and autonomy, particularly with respect to people’s transactions and financial information. Privacy is important for numerous reasons — personal, medical, political, and more. For this reason, Zcash pioneers the use of zk-SNARKs, a novel form of zero-knowledge cryptography with strong privacy guarantees. Ultimately, the Zcash Foundation’s impact will come from serving the needs and workflows of real people, including those from many backgrounds and locations.

1 Like

Just my opinion and i’am pretty sure it will differ from keks:

• The more fake volume the more overvalued a currency.
  • The more fake volume the less real bigger investors interested or even avoiding that coin.

That’s why i wrote some months ago it may help short time for better price levels but mid - long term it will hurt us way more than it helps us right now…
As the fake volume issue gets more and more popular these the last weeks i would even say that the fake volume price bonus is nearly used by now and we will suffer from it’s negative effects now/soon …

Lbank is only half of the problem, they are just the biggest and most obvious fake volume exchange on our list but not the only one. We are one of the leaders when it comes to obvious unreal volume.

Observing Lbank it seems the ZEC/BTC and ZEC/ETH pair prices are overvalued/higher when the price went down on other exchanges like Bittrex, Binance or Gemini for example.
But it seems as well the pairs are undervalued/lower in price when on real volume exchanges the price goes up.

This could be that either their bot is lagging or of course with intension for whatever purpose.

One thing is clear, they are manipulating the ZEC market, especially BTC and ETH pairs, less the various USD/* markets. It’s just not clear if this is with intention or just a side effect of making their exchange high volume looking. My personal opinion tends that it’s done with intention for some reason which is unknown for now. Either way it’s bad for us.

it indicates there’s a ton of zcash sellers when there’s no actual zcash being sold. in a way lbank’s basically creating zcash. it’s our largest exchange, and their fake buys/sells gets reported to our global average. this “bullies” other exchanges to follow their lead.

wanna make sure people understand the difference between fake trades, and wash trading …wash trading serves many purposes, and i consider it legit volume. with wash trading there’s actual zcash moving around adding velocity. portion (possibly large portion) of Lbank’s volume is being faked, meaning there’s no real trade happening. if their fake trades are viewed as legit - can make an argument that’s a form of inflation.

Now and tomorrow, lots of good talks!
https://mitbitcoinexpo.org/#page-schedule
http://web.mit.edu/webcast/mitbitcoinexpo
Some coming up today lots of other speakers but this is what I will watch (I missed Paige!)

1:30 PM - 2:10 PM Taming the Wild West: Effectively Regulating the Blockchain Space Gary Gensler + Hester Peirce
2:10 PM - 2:35 PM Non-Atomic Swaps James Prestwich
2:35 PM - 3:00 PM Zcash Governance: The Road Toward 2-of-2 Multisig Josh Cincinnati
3:10 PM - 3:30 PM Handshake: An Experimental, Peer-to-Peer Root DNS Boyma Fahnbulleh
3:30 PM - 3:50 PM Security Analysis of PoW Consensus Protocols Lucianna Kiffer
4:45 PM - 5:15 PM Money, Apathy, Cryptography: The Fates of Internet Societies Amber Baldet
(The PoW security analysis got cut for time I think but the others were really good, Im sure theyll be uploaded soon)

random observation: in years past weekends were usually weak. one of the main reasons behind this is traders would cash out, and take the weekends off to chill. lately, markets have been bullish… thinking people are investing a portion of friday’s paycheck,. this could indicate retail investors are returning.

4 Likes

Lots of people here use linux, that being said
OH MY GOD

1 Like
1 Like

Yea I wasnt really holding my breath!
https://breakermag.com/the-samsung-galaxy-s10s-crypto-wallet-doesnt-support-bitcoin/

Zcoin is up 86% in a day after the news of integration with polispay debit card. It claims to be using the zkp tech.