Radical “to the moon” thread

That was 3 months ago :man_shrugging:

:shark::shark::shark:

1 Like

yes, but i doubt the lawsuit has come to an end yet …

why does this article reference “Starcower” (cant find anything about this company) and then Starkware later in the article?

My guess is that’s a typo.

1 Like

My guess is a bot wrote this article.

1 Like

This looks to me more like large miners trying to squeeze out less profitable miners. I remember the old poloniex, days, the sock puppet accounts the eth pumps and dumps so I do not completely disregard that an entity could control a large amount of supply. One can theoretically determine the amount of sell pressure left by test pumps and test dumps. I know how it worked back then however I am not sure it could work in the current market enviroment on so many exchanges all at once.

I am not saying its impossible, I am just saying their is a higher probability for large miners to form a cartel and even mine at a loss until they corner most of the coin emissions. It has happened before with asic mined coins.

4 Likes

with ZEC/BTC i’d say that’s very possible. i’m mostly talking about ZEC/USD (only pair i trade).

I’m a poloniex OG trader (started in 2015) and made a great deal of money trading those pumps and dumps.

i think the dollar market is exactly where this is happening because there arent that many ZEC/USD exchanges (4?)

I could be wrong but I think one would only need one major volume pair and arbitrage bots would take care of the rest. This however is far from an easy task and carries a very significant risk. This is however near impossible to prove from just watching the charts. People will always find what they look for if they look at patterns, that is how our brains are hard wired. I am confident that ZEC will recover miners or no miners because this coin basically didnt have a real black swan.

Does anybody even remember that DAO scandal? Do you remember Vitalik begging exchanges to stop trading?

Negative news FUD? Dont make me laugh once we start to rally everybody will change their tune.

And I am sorry BTC maximalists there is not a single market that left one single asset of value out of thousands traded. That and everybody screeching alts are dead… Yeah markets are a zero sum game and we cant all make money. Actually a very small percent of traders do make money so when everyone and their grandma is out of alts and in BTC I am guessing GOOD alts will rally.

There are thousands of sh1tcoins out there, but ZEC aint one of them!
ZEC acctually fixes a major flaw in the BTC protocol. And no BTC wont be getting privacy anytime soon BTC core is far to conservative for this.

6 Likes

Sorry just realizing that I sound super braggy about being a polo og…I’ve lost WAY moar money then I’ve made.

You still get the bar bill at the next Zcon :wink:

2 Likes

Nah I was actually glad to find out we started at about the same time I started Jan 2016, bought ether for $2.60 and I think I sold it for somewhere around $11-$12 and thought I was a super leet trader guy. Lost nearly all profits on LISK (The ETHER killer the next new big thing!) Not to mention holding USDT on Bitfinex before and during the Bitfinex hack and haircut. We all make mistakes and I plan to learn from mine and not make the same mistake with ZEC. Also I bought a trezor so my keys my ZEC, no more haircuts :wink:

1 Like

Dude want to share war stories!? My first crypto purchase was 1200 ETH because “world computer” . Then I sold to buy xrp :joy:

I also bought the whole JavaScript hook-line-sinker with LSK, fortunately that was one of the rare times I actually got a top almost perfectly.

I once had a 20k margin position open for an entire year! I closed it at a loss because I was sick of paying interest. The coin rallied 2 days after I closed my position. The exchanges are trading against you!

1 Like

I have a better idea than war stories!
ZIP PROPOSAL:

1. Zooko builds a time machine
  2. Takes the two of us back in time so we can sell the ETH top
  3. The two of us finance the next four years of the development fund :rofl:

Anyway seriously I remember the problem with LISK was rampant DDOS attacks on the web sitewhere you were able to claim your LISK. I remember one could also claim it through linux and dont know why I dindt do that as I do use Linux.

The more I think about it the more I realize how the crypto market has indeed matured. Those coordinated DDOS attacks on exchanges so you couldnt sell at the right time were outright criminal. Also old polo (Before it was sold) was rampant with insider trading.

But hey what a time to be alive :joy:

2 Likes

At the height of my profits I had >50 btc. 45 of which purchased ZEC at prices you would cry at. So many horror stories.

All in all these are just stories I’m sharing with a community I care deeply about. I don’t know any of you personally but I’m glad we’re all here for the same thing and that makes us family. I’m no expert trader nor am I an amateur. I felt like sharing because maybe you can learn or laugh at some of my failures.

#putsmoneywheremouthis

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the libSTARK github page, I totally didn’t see that…
@kek so their first project actually is fully open sourced :smiley:

I fully understand the need for not going open source on their second project (DEX)

I fell ya!

Sharing is caring, if only data wasn’t so centralized… !!

4 Likes

had big wins and small losses old days. my biggest rekt was nov 2018 doom, got finally stopped out losing 3 dig of btc.) this year is controversial for me. for now. and most unvelievable win was not trading and investing/hodling related. it was a gut feeling of fishy time incoming and getting away with large part of my stash from btc-e before it got 6 badges.)

I always tell myself that: “If I could see the future, I would pick the winning LOTTO numbers” and it helps (a little).
This game is hard but it does get easier over time. Human beings are amazing and can adapt to anything.
We’re gonna make it.

1 Like

i would argue with this thesis. rules are periodically and dramatically changing. field is evolving. 2k16-17 were literally free money and forgiving times. imagine beating arthur and his algo-alameda cronies at 18-19 while crowd is scared af.)

2 Likes