I'm just started building a mining rig with this components:
- Motherboard: MSI Z170 SLI PLUS
- GPUs: 6x GigaByte GeForce GTX 1070 Windforce OC
- Riser cards and cables 16x to 1x
Everything works fine with onboard graphic and with one directly connected GPU.
If I remove the GPU and connect it with a risercard and cable the red led on the motherboard is active and nothing happend - only a black screen and no green Num led on the keyboard.
What I already tried:
- Flashing Bios and Installing the latest release
- Installing Windows 10 on a UEFI/ GPT partition - doing all Windows updates
- Connecting one GPU directly to the board and installing the Nvidia drivers
- Changing in the BIOS ‘PEG0’ and ‘PEG1’ values to ‘Gen1’ and Set ‘Above 4G Decoding’ to ‘Enabled’
- I also tried different ports with different risers and different cards - always the same will happend: Black screen and red led on the motherboard.
- I also disabled 4G Decoding and tried different ‘PEG0’ and ‘PEG1’ settings - always with the same result.
I read six hours in forums but there seems no solution. Is there another hint? Thank you for helping!