Stolen BTC and ZEC

7.10 my Jaxx wallet got hacked and stole from me

0.093 BTC transaction ID 4b7380f0f3a70c5792ef7faaef96e448202eee1d44eb4cb96f7c536a0fc42435
0.69 ZEC transaction ID c3ec3556ec7294c18ed124a32e3fbb4689e45aeddd45db6ee8f95bf9601a8b3f
4.87 ZEC 04304c578bbd9c031a139418b25b36a510d4dd2ee7794b760f4491a887ad89bf

only used jaxx on phone never didn’t share any information, how it is possible someone transfer without my pin?

are have any way to back my ZEC?

No idea, i don’t use Jaxx as i think it’s the worst unsecure wallet of all. But a google search brings up other cases like yours:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=snPnW5uHNsSosAHS362YAg&q=jaxx+phone+wallet+hacked&oq=jaxx+phone+wallet+hacked&gs_l=psy-ab.3...123659.130023.0.130210.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.S-_BDjVixZE

Thanks for support, I already spend googling 5 hours but jaxx got hacked last year nothing from 07.11 when I was hacked.

Ugh. Why are you using a custodial wallet?

Not your keys, not your Bitcoin.

I’ve heard nightmare stories about Jaxx dating back to like 2 years ago when someone had hundreds of thousands worth of Dogecoin stolen.

Ugh. Why are you using a custodial wallet?

Because I am idiot :frowning:

I don’t use Jaxx for over a year, but the last time I used it was not a custodial wallet. So there’s something fishy going on.

You were either a victim of a malware or someone close by.

1 Like

Are have a way he hacked me by infect iphone? But still he will need pin code, but I didnt send any money last 2 months.

If I remember correctly, they don’t encrypt the wallet file at all. There was (rightly) a huge deal about it a few months ago.

So, (i) your phone is either infected or (ii) someone close to you (sadly) robbed you.

1 Like

I’am not an expert when it comes to security and hacking, but eventually for a bad actor with access to the file system no pin code is needed at all. (Just a wild guess!).

Me personally is avoiding any phone wallets at this time and wife devices at all, only cables where my wallets are.

Mostly your coins are goine, but eventually you learned the lesson and make it better from now. On my end all wallets are on a laptop, cable connected without any other tasks and programs on it just to avoid whatever infection there. No browsing, no downloading, no nothing on that laptop.

It sucks to get hacked, scammed and robbed, but sometimes we users make it too easy for bad actors and leave them the doors open.

because you can use jaxx to shapeshift over tor without an account. I wouldn’t store coins there and I feel for the OP. tracking the btc might be harder because it can be spent straight away on a darkmarket. however zec will normally need to be shifted to another currency (btc generally)

I wouldn’t get your hopes up though, sorry about that.

Just as a tip for future, never use a phone wallet. they are not full computers. for example a good few years back people worked out that android cycled the exact same “random” numbers in the same order every 6 months. quite a bit was stolen just by using the public ledger.

I think I might start a thread about air gaps. using an old laptop/raspberry pi, with no network connection. (yay sapling!)

because you can use jaxx to shapeshift over tor without an account.

This is even worse. You’re using a custodial wallet because of the privacy afforded?

I don’t store any funds in the wallet, Im sure my internet privacy is okay when doing this sort of thing.

Why is this worse? sure correlation attacks are a possibility but their are ways around that.

Can you please outline what is wrong with using jaxx in this manner? I don’t want to give shapeshift a copy of my passport or drivers licence (neither are compulsory in the uk, so what am I supposed to do?)

Can you link to a site where I can convert Zec or Monero without KYC please. It would help me out a lot,

Is Trezor good choose for my new wallet? Can I mining to trezor or better to use hot wallet and transfer to trezor once at a week?

I never didn’t use shapeshift because we have local exchange in country what work with several crypto including zCash ofc.

I don’t know about the Trezor what version is it?

What I do is use an old dual core laptop with the actual official or as near as installed. (winzec,
btc core, Litecoin core, and a very old namecoin core.)

It all depends on how often you need access to the funds and you risk model.

You can mine to it you just need to set the payout to at least every 2-3 days.

Would ZEC to BTC and than to Monero help you has well?

1 Like

Вывод криптомонет, рублей, долларов и евро, очень удобно осуществлять напрямую на мультивалютный кошелек с поддержкой криптовалют PAYEER , работает на нескольких континентах и сотрудничает со 150 сторонними платежными системами.

Среди других достоинств сервиса:

Анонимная работа без подтверждения личности;

Безопасность кошельков и переводов;

Мгновенный вывод и ввод денег;

Множество способов ввода и вывода денег;

Множество платежных систем в одном кошельке включая международные;

Поддержка работы с рублями, долларами и евро и криптовалютой;

Встроенный обменный пункт, где можно обменивать как фиатные, так и криптомонеты;

Внутренняя биржа, где можно зарабатывать на разнице курсов и можно обменивать не только фиат, но и криптовалюту;

Автоматическое создание кошелька для незарегистрированного пользователя, которому отправляется перевод;

Банковские карты собственного выпуска.

1 Like

[Я помещаю ваше сообщение через перевод Google и благодарю вас за информацию. Я считаю, что это может помочь многим другим людям, так что это то, что дает перевод google.]

I put your post through google translate and thank you for the info. I belive it can help quite a few other people too so he is what google translate gives.

I have never used this service (payeer) but I will give it a try and let everyone know.

Rubles, dollars and euros are very convenient to use PAYEER cryptocurrency directly on a multi-currency wallet, it works on several continents and cooperates with 150 third-party payment systems.[1]

Among other advantages of the service:
Anonymous work without proof of identity;
Security wallets and transfers;
Instant withdrawal and deposit of money;
Many ways to deposit and withdraw money;
Many payment systems in one wallet, including international ones;
Support of work with rubles, dollars and euros and cryptocurrency;
Built-in exchange office, where you can exchange both fiat and cryptomonet;
Internal exchange, where you can earn on the difference of courses and you can exchange not only Fiat, but also cryptocurrency;
Automatic creation of a wallet for an unregistered user to whom the transfer is sent;
Bank cards of their own release.[2]

[1]Вывод криптомонет, рублей, долларов и евро, очень удобно осуществлять напрямую на мультивалютный кошелек с поддержкой криптовалют PAYEER , работает на нескольких континентах и сотрудничает со 150 сторонними платежными системами.

[2]Среди других достоинств сервиса:
Анонимная работа без подтверждения личности;
Безопасность кошельков и переводов;
Мгновенный вывод и ввод денег;
Множество способов ввода и вывода денег;
Множество платежных систем в одном кошельке включая международные;
Поддержка работы с рублями, долларами и евро и криптовалютой;
Встроенный обменный пункт, где можно обменивать как фиатные, так и криптомонеты;
Внутренняя биржа, где можно зарабатывать на разнице курсов и можно обменивать не только фиат, но и криптовалюту;
Автоматическое создание кошелька для незарегистрированного пользователя, которому отправляется перевод;
Банковские карты собственного выпуска.

I temp put money on guarda wallet while waiting hardware wallet and booooom gone again 80$ from zCash and BTC. But I reinstall windows on PC what I used wallet because I dont trust anymore phone. So WTF happening?!? Are have anyone similar expiriance?

This is a very weird case.

Are you sure there is nothing fishy with your iPhone?

I assume this is a vanilla device (not jailbroken). Otherwise it would make perfect sense.

Which iPhone model and which version of iOS are you using?

Also, I would like to echo that Jaxx is not a custodial wallet. You hold the private keys.

And it makes it even more fishy if you enabled PIN within Jaxx.

Perhaps there is some sort of keylogger installed on your phone but this is quite impossible on a vanilla iPhone due to sandboxing.

In any case, you should wipe your phone to factory defaults and set it up from scratch.

And there is a very high possibility that your seed phrase has been compromised. Never use the seed phrase that you use in Jaxx ever again. Also consider all the private keys within Jaxx compromised so don’t reuse any of them in the future. Start from scratch with a new seed and new addresses.

Please make sure you do not store your seed phrase and private keys online. They will be stolen.

Good luck!

3 Likes