Sudden Collapse of Share Production (Flypool)

Right now all I can do is let it run and hope the difficulty change scares off some miners. Since the equipment is already on its way, I might as well use it. At least with Winter on the way my GPUs will heat my house nicely.

Youā€™re getting half the shares in twice the timeā€¦ as you can see: no change to your hashrate or monthly revenue. Move along nothing to see here

If you think that will get you a better payout sure. Youā€™ll have to do the math for it.

Same thing happened to me here, from 450 avg shares per cycle to 225, I saw that the hashrate for flypool us server increased a lot, either a ton of miners are switching to zcash, or someone is hiring a lot of hash power, but imao it is only Plypool US, Look up the pool statistics.

That is very interesting as that was right around the time they did the difficulty change.

maybe a difficulty hint on batchfile could solve the issue? but i am certain that people getting half share are only the ones in us1-zcash.flypool.org notice that total hashrate for this server more than doubled last night, I was waiting for something like this to happen with the sudden price spike.

just so you know guys, I switch to another pool and I am mining the normal amount of shares, this pool hashrate did not spike as much as flypool.

Well of course you would see normal amount of shares. The other pool didnā€™t double the difficulty setting :wink:

Are they on the same server as you inside of flypool? us1-zcash.flypool.org? i think overseas servers have stayed more or less the same.

Okay now I understand, so the massive spike in competing hash-rate in the pool-server at exactly the same time shares started dropping has nothing to do with it. It was just the difficulty, thanks for sharing your knoweledge, you are amazing.

Sorry for the confusion today, what you saw was a side effect of our increase of the default share difficulty from 8000 to 16000. In order to avoid such UI issues in the future the dashboard will now show the number of shares normalized to a difficulty of 1000. So if your miner submits a share with difficulty 8000 it will show up as 8 shares in the web interface. If your miner submits a share with 32000 difficulty it will show up as 32 shares, and so on.

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience this change has caused for you. Please not that mining income was not affected by that change.

3 Likes

You can set the share difficulty yourself if you didnt know. I think you have to use the password field in your bat file.

If you donā€™t like 16000 you can set it to 8000 or whatever you like.

I was under the impression that was not possible with Flyool and the default difficulty was the only difficulty to keep it fair for everyone?

1 Like

It used to be possible. youā€™ll notice if you set it to 1000 that youā€™ll submit a lot more in the console window in EWBF.

I donā€™t mine anymore. So canā€™t verify.

I think it was possible very early on. But if I remember correctly, when they moved to default of 8000 they removed that ability. I would love to be proven wrong though. Iā€™m too lazy to take any of my miners offline. Haha :wink:

flypool change reporting to normalized shares eq to 1000 diff, i hope that now you may see that everything is ok and hashrate is the same as was before change diff from 8k to 16k.

lower zcash yeild than before is due nethash diff spike ā€¦

After they changed to 8000 I tried it out. It did work then (I think mid july).

Iā€™m using EWBF and have to take one of miners offline tonight for a power supply replacement. Iā€™m going to give it a shot. Has anyone tried a different solver with Flypool? 0 always seems to work best, but I could never find an explanation as to what each solver does.

1 Like

the other solvers are for pre-pascal GPUā€™s I think

I saw that too, resulted in gpu hangs and restarts ,
, didnt last long