Sudden Collapse of Share Production (Flypool)

thats why I’m asking

What is really a weird coincidence is that when Flypool changed their stats, two miners started having issues. The GPUs are locking up after a little bit of time. I haven’t changed anything hardware wise. The only rig that is functioning is the one that I was going to upgrade, but am waiting for another GPU to arrive today.

Had to take a rig down this morning so I changed the bat file and used d=8000 as my password. The difficulty stayed at 16000. This was with Claymore 12.6. Unless I’m doing something incorrect, it’s not working.

1 Like

While you can put in a lower difficulty rating in your config file you will not be able to go lower than the default server side settings, which in this case is now 16000. You can go above the the default though, say you wanted to go to 17000 or 24000, it will let you do that.

That’s what I suspected. Thanks.

I switched to suprnova and it returned to what I expected. I have a greater latency but better return per day.

come over to my pool: zcash.serverpower.net !

There is literally no hashrate… solo mining would be more profitable atm…

New Pool, give it a try.

Yeah, @johnwisdom. Just give it a try. :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

am I blind or there is no indication what the fee is? btw. just a suggestion you’re alone there so start with 0.0% fee or even -1.0% fee :wink:

I used to get 0.06 ZEC every 24h, now I’m getting it every 30+h. So much difference?

hello to everyone, my system with increasing the difficulty at 16000 makes half, the hash rate is the same but now the profit does not even cover the electrical charges. who explains how to change currency or pool? Thanks for your help

my payout time went up 50%… looking for a new pool.

Flypool same way, payouts halved basically

This is the result of a big increase in network difficulty that started rising around 22. of september after an influx of hashing power to ZEC mining, nothing to do with the pool.

Link to difficulty chart HERE.

I was mining roughly 0.05ZEC every 36 hours, and since the 22. of september it has gradually increased to around 0.05ZEC every 52-55 hours. There is nothing strange about it. This correlates well with an increase in difficuly from an average of 5M to around 8M (where we are now)

So is it only flypool? Or if I switch to another pool, is a similar thing?

The original post was about Flypool, but it would be the same on all pools. The network difficulty has increased (more people competing for the same coins), and therefore revenue has dropped. Simple as that.

Edit: Flypool changed the default share difficulty around the same time that the network difficulty began to rise. The OP’s screenshot shows the drop in submitted shares, giving the impression that there was something wrong with the pool. But this has nothing to do with the drop in revenue the last week.

the only solution is to increase the capacity of the solver (software) or GPU (Hardware)

1 Like

Does the “custom difficulty” affect the income or for what is that function?
Can anybody explain what happens, when you change your individual and custom difficulty?