WARNING Panda Miner NOT SHIPPING ORDERS 4 & 8 GPU Cryptocurrency Mining Rigs

they also offered a paid repair service, due to their manufacture , assembling and users are mostly in china. considering the very harsh environment of crypto farm in china. seems a little bit short , but understandable that 45 days of full warranty.

i got a few insider pics from them, but i don’t know if i’m suppose to leak it right away. anyhow this is their stock setting hshrates. says its running with a 1600W PSU, which in my understand it might be a “GreatWall” Dragon 1650 PSU.

nosing is very acceptable, wind tunnel make sense. and also as someone quotes earlier in this thread, very handy that you can manage put more of those thing in one place than a regular rig.

3 Likes

can we get some prices in £ or $ please

their price is around 2170 USD each rig with eight of 8GB RX480 MXM cards

There seems to be a lot of shares rejected 15 accepted 9 rejected if that rate continued over half shares would be rejected which is terrible

I totally agree with you

I would have to agree, the GPUs should have a longer warranty of atleast 2 years to make it an attractive investment.
atleast the warranty should be covered for longer from the manufacturer of the components (ie AMD), 45 days is also too shot for me to give it a “buy” if there is no warranty given by AMD on the GPU’s

I have more insider pics and will ask if i can show them tomorrow as i think its like 3 am here now
yes it is a “great wall” psu, which get come highly recommened here, but I haved had one with coil whine in the past and sent it back for a refund so…

thats not good, i can ask about this tomorrow.

on a side note , I spent half an hour to repair their english on the english site and nothing has been changed.

1 Like

Can usb/ethernet wifi adapters be installed on pandaminers? Less cable.:slight_smile:

@cryptomined yes I noticed screenshot was taken at first startup and if rejected shares was that bad then I wonder what it would be like an hour in, as you know from running rigs yourself there can be a number of issues that can cause this and would not worry about stock GPU boards themselves causing this but maybe software or over aggressive Overclock, I would guess the motherboard is an of the shelf design to keep costs down, I am really looking forwards to your visit and thoughts on this product and although extremely interested I will wait for your thoughts before committing to buying any, perhaps you could enquire about price reduction for a group buy.

Has 2 USB ports so should be possible we would need access to operating system to update mining software so should be possible to load drivers for wifi adapter or they could install a driver before shipping which would allow at least one adapter to work and maybe sell as an optional upgrade, I would have though there using Linux

1 Like

Imagine just a wifi dongle on the shelf w/out all the wires and cables. A very clean setup indeed.

told yes for discount on group buy over 50 units (which is a lot)

asked about warranty and only 45 days because they say they rebuild the GPUs

not sure about USB wifi, i think the boss is not around for a while, went on a business trip so will have to wait for him to get back

1 Like

Rebuild GPU’s I suspect they removed the heat sink from the boards which makes AMD warranty invalid, this is not a customer problem and this is shady to sell a product that you have no idea if it will last without warranty,I will not buy a new product that company has no faith in itself, @cryptomined I wonder if you should waist your time and money on this product if you give a favourable review and people buy with this limited warranty and something goes wrong it will create a shit storm!
There is no way that this company has tested this design for more than 3 weeks if that and selling with 45 days warranty is shameful and sounds like they couldn’t care less about customers who buy this miner

1 Like

im also wondering and waiting, not rushing in to it. I dont know if I would buy one knowing the warranty is only 45 days. If it was 1 or 2 years I might consider it, but resale value considered also, being harder to resell, not sure what to think now. I understand the “repair service” is probably not that expensive here, but heh… yeah i dunno.

could also be cause they modded the bios to make it hash faster - which not sure if that is the reason for the high rejects, never got an answer on the rejects also…

will wait for 490 to come out first anyways LOL

Yes u could be right regard bios mod probably a case of both bios mod and new heat sink but these boards will be expensive to buy if anything goes wrong and shipping and returns will cause long downtime I think under circumstances a full warranty would be necessary and customers loosing this because they broke AMD conditions for warranty is very unfair to pass this on to customers
Couple of these with 490 installed would be a beast of a machine though but you know the amount of heat generated from GPU and these are enclosed cases so I struggle to see how this will work 24/7 there is no fans cooling the chips just a heat sink and small fan and front and back to draw heat out of case,the GPU chip and memory is cooled passively so must be down clocked a fair bit, I hope 490 is competitively priced with it been a dual board

they are just using MXM gfx cards so u can build this yourself with a bunch of cheap laptop mobos or u can buy mxm to desktop pcie cards eg. http://xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41873&d=1136491721
if u paid there high cost ver at least the cards on it can be upgraded

is for 4
there r many mxm types but the lastest like above is mxm 3.0 a/b

1 Like

is what pandaminer is using

1 Like

yes, me either. heard they been working on repair alot of their first batch products. some of them got issues like unstable so.

Glad didn’t heard much about that heat sink,but alot GPU failure issue probably cause they chosen their motherboard poorly or didn’t have enough experience to build their own motherboard(Dunno know yet if they build that motherboard on their own).
i think that might be the issue.

for a little bit extend, those GPU hash power card extended on the motherboard, so if the heats didn’t get ejected well or the design was not good, it can causes very serious problem like GPU failure, hashpower drop. etc…

@kev very interesting I feel a project coming on lol time to do some research
And additional info welcome

I would be willing to buy an 8 card model and review it if we can setup BTC through escrow. Pm me.

yeah i been using and repair mxm cards for a decade thing is they r expensive they must have either made there own card with rx480 chips/e9550 another reason why this thing cost a lot compared to building a miner with rx480 cards cooling is easy in this case if they r having issues thats because they r bein to cheap with the problem there r laptops running dual 1080 in sli with mxm ffs