What are you listening to?

Jealous… My wife told me about that show. I think she’s dropping hints. :rofl:

1 Like

cross posting but seems relevant here too. no adverts for mobile, you can download and more.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

love you friends. enjoy.

2 Likes

Happy birthday Israel Kaʻanoʻi Kamakawiwoʻole, just happened to hear some and figured maybe a smidge more information might be nice and yep :birthday:

Oh and I built another antenna (hehe) and yesterday I was tuning in an amatuer CW (morse code) broadcast from W1AW at the Hiram Percy Maxim Memorial station Hartford CT (about 2700 km) which is a daily (I think) geomagnetic forecast which, for hams, has a lot of influence over ‘skip’ communication. Solar winds, flares, sunspots all that weird sun stuff affects the ionosphere and usually in a positive way for HF communication which is between 10-100 meter (3-30 mhz). A new 11-year solar cycle began very recently and generally means good conditions for chance long range communication for a few years then some years where its not very good then repeat. These same phenomena generally have negative effects on other sensitive electrical systems.

Morse is great guys, realistically goin fast way not be in the cards but not bad slow :snail: like 12 wpm which is higher than the original FCC amatuer radio liscense requirement.

2 Likes

To have faith is to believe unconditionally. (end of the monologue)

1 Like

Rest in Peace to all the fallen American soldiers this memorial weekend. We need to end these endless wars for the banks and the military industrial complex. Can we achieve freedom and peace on earth through what we are doing here? Far too many good people have been lost to war. It all comes down to money. I dont know if Zcash or crypto can change any of the violence, but I have hope. If humanity wants to progress into the stars and beyond we need to come together as brother and sister. We are all the same inside.

4 Likes

We’re all at virtual Zcon…so meanwhile…the forum is quiet :-

2 Likes

Maple syrup time! Lol this is fun

So heres that whip and current setup, it was otherwise on the ground which works fine except the radiation pattern is a little bit up in the air and raising the driven element off the ground (in this case barely an 1/8 λ on cinder blocks) and widening the angle between it and the radials seems to be favorable. The skip conditions are crazy recently and I had two short but good exchanges at about 1500km on regular 4 watt AM with a guy in Northern Michigan (normally I get folks in the local area). Set omnidirectional it radiates evenly though there are monopole yagis and methods for positioning radials to manipulate direction but 11m yagis of any kind are huge and hoisting radials into L shapes is tricky because of environmental variables and then matching and all sorts of weird stuff. Nevertheless directivity is advantageous for both rx and tx and so I built a small magnetic transmitting loop and it looks promising :grin: (I see the link is for recieving loops sry)
[Small Magnetic Receiving Loops]

4 Likes

Theres a weeklong ISS SSTV event begining on Monday 21 at 9:40 UTC going until Saturday 26 at 18:30 UTC. Its FM (narrow) at 21.6 khz on 145.8 mhz in PD120. It can be done very basically with a handheld wideband and a telephone decoder app but I think I’ve explained at least how I personally go about it elsewhere, maybe movie night