What are you listening to?

1 Like

Complete broadcast day
WJSV 1460, Washington DC
September 21, 1939

Theres 19 hours, thoroughly enjoying
Its worth mentioning that these aren’t tape recordings, they’re vinyl blanks being cut live. Old vinyl recorders looked alot like a 2-turntable setup except they had cutting heads and the reason for 2 is the same, start the second one recording just before the first one finishes so, though is on 2 discs, is a seamless record.

1 Like
1 Like

Radio Caroline (www.radiocaroline.co.uk)

Anyone else remember listening to Caroline when their broadcast ship (Mi Amigo) sank ?? IIRC that was in 1980

2 Likes
1 Like

RIP Daft Punk

2 Likes

They were really great, it kind of felt like about the end though after RAM and the Tron soundrack though. Like, where do you even go from there?! I’m glad its their own decision too. I re-recorded a few of their records, took my time, hopefully its not blocked in your country!
Low frequency advisory, the recordings were flat EQ but analog preamplification really juiced it up :warning:

1 Like

I have a thing for watching mixes of old vinyl favorites lately:

1 Like

Dude at work is playing above and beyond group therapy, apparently he’s got tickets for their August London show which is quite a ways away from Colorado, oh the kids :kissing_heart:

1 Like