Zcash Flypool dropped worker

I have two separate mining rigs, one dedicated rig and my personal rig that mines while idle. My personal rig has issue with randomly dropping internet connection. The issue is that it just hangs up and doesnt display anything. When I come back to the computer 12 hours later it just shows last accepted share hours ago and nothing else. When I hit S it updates and say connection lost and connecting to flypool.

I have tried updating the internet drivers from MSI and it has not fixed it. In the past I was hashing with a Fury X on NIcehash claymore dual miner with no issues on the same basic setup (besides the 1080ti)

The other computer rig has no issues and I have even swapped internet cables and routers ports with no success.

Personal rig is as follows.
ryzen 7 1700
EVGA 1080ti hybrid
MSI gaming carbon pro
Windows 10

1 Like

Post your address in flypool so people can see your hashrate.

I don’t think it’s necessary at this point to post your address.

I’m assuming that you’re using EWBF’s CUDA miner for your 1080 Ti? You say you hit “S” which indicates a Claymore Miner so unless I’m confused, it doesn’t sound like you’re using the proper miner for your card.

Once you’re using EWBF’s miner (which btw gives the highest Sol/s for nVidia cards), you can try using this:

This will monitor EWBF’s log and restart the miner or computer when necessary. See if that helps.

2 Likes

Truth,

Yes you are correct I am using EWBF miner, I know that the S doesn’t have the same function in EWKB as it does in claymore miners. I have another AMD (5x RX 570) miner that I use with claymore and I am in the habit of pressing s to update. My statement still holds true about EWBF getting hung up and when I press S it updates and shows internet connection issue. It will cycle and then connect again to flypool.

I will try the tip you linked to night. The one thing that makes me scratch my head is when EWKB is hung up the GPU is still under its normal (full) load.

Thanks for the tip

1 Like

No problem. Another tip would be not touch the window at all once the miner starts. The command window can be very finicky. If you scroll back a lot or too much it causes the miner to crash but instead of closing out, it gets stuck. Even just clicking inside the black area of the command window is enough to cause it to stick as well. So run it then just minimized it. Or leave it up and use the title bar at the top to focus in and out of that window if you need to.

1 Like

Truth,

I have also noticed that the command window is very finicky. I think that this may be my problem now that you mention it.

The last instance this happened I swore that the time it stuck was around the same minute that I checked the hash rate by clicking inside the window and pressed S.

Last night I was running the miner minimized and I didn’t have any issue. also the other dedicated miner I don’t mess with at all. It doesn’t even have a monitor hooked dup to it right now. I monitor it threw the Flypool search bar for my address.

1 Like

Right click on the cmd tool bar… go to properties… remove the quick edit checkbox. You should be fine…

1 Like

The reasoning is… when you click on the window it expect a user input the halts the process… So to come out of it… press enter and click anywhere else on the screen not just on the command window… Or remove the quick edit mode and … :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gando / Truth,

I have updated the CMD as you suggested and also I have not been messing with the window while it is running and I have had two workers running for over 20 hours now. I will keep them running and If I have anymore issue I will try the watchdog route if needed.

Thanks again.

TK

2 Likes