ZCash Future Price Discussion

The main problem Im seeing here is scarcity in the first few months/years and low emission rate. Investors get 20% of each block (without actually competing in mining with a probable high diff due to hype) that they can sell on a very illiquid market with lots of people wanting to get in.

Exactly the issue raised in the above thread. It smells rife of pumping and dumping, but on the bright side this iteration of premining/distribution is much better than many other altcoins (historically). We’re getting a pretty decent amount of transparency, too. That doesn’t change the actual quantification, though. I personally find it hard to believe in a coin which allows 20% to go towards people who aren’t putting in any power, but really who can say what the right amount devs and investors deserve.

1 Like

Opening: 2 BTC
Hour 1: 1 BTC
Hour 6: 0.5 BTC
Day 2: 0.25 BTC
Day 30: 0.08 BTC
Day 90: 0.02 BTC
Day 180: 0.015 BTC
Year 1: 0.08 BTC
Year 2: 0.25 BTC
Year 4: 1 BTC

Emission rate and Augur (REP) as my basis for first few days.
On Poloniex we watched REP sell for 2BTC down to 0.5 BTC in the first hour and there was a LOT more REP than there will be ZEC and I think a lot less hype, so my numbers are probably low-balled.

The people involved as my basis on futures. (Team, Investors, Advisors)
When a group of extremely successful people agree on and get involved in a project, it’s highly likely to succeed. Even fluffyponyza from XMR expressed his excitement for this coin.

I think there’s going to be a lot more holding of this coin than there will be selling, thus less supply and more demand. This should invite a lot of miners and crazy hashrate, as mining can only be so profitable…

I’d like to hear what @zooko predicts for his brainchild.

1 Like

Mimblewimble on Bitcoin and Snarks on Ethereum makes me fairly bearish on longevity of ZCash. Without a USP, network effects take over.

I’ d agree with miner that BTC units are much better measurement system than fiat. I think 0.1 - 0.2BTC is a pretty hard limit for any alt no matter how fine made, fair launched and distributed it is. I mean let’s face it, there is only one real store of value on the planet at the moment and that’s his majesty Bitcoin.

1 Like

zCash futures on BitMEX now at $150

this is really insane, gonna to sell my ZEC as fast I can for this price :imp:

1 Like

Based on the new difficulty (~550 xD), I am optimistic and estimate ZEC_USD price will be $200, 30 days after open.

1 Like

which is ridiculous.

People said $10 Ethereum was a ridiculous proposition when I first started mining it (it was around $0.50 at that time).

What those people didn’t understand was that it was bringing new technology to market and as such there was a huge buy in from industry.

ZCash is doing the same in a much more visceral, tangible way so I wouldn’t say a $200 ZEC is ridiculous. People once thought a $200 BTC was ridiculous but it gained that value and surpassed it due to its usefulness and one of the reasons people adopted it was the idea that it was anonymous and private.

3 Likes