ZCASH Market Prospectus 2016-2017

Totally agree and been saying same thing myself,we have been looking for a bitcoin competitor but with untraceable transactions and now we have it,privacy is a big think in our world now and zcash will provide that.

1 Like

at the end of your post, why do you suggest mining ETH or XMR if you are so bullish on ZEC? am I missing something?

btw I tend to agree with your bullish perspective. if ZEC proves itself over time to truly be “Bitcoin 2.0”, there’s no reason not to expect the price to go well past $1,000 per ZEC 2 to 5 years down the road. it could potentially begin chipping away at BTC’s market share.

but I also see a case where ZEC does not ever chip away at BTC but still sees substantial gains regardless. if more of the world jumps onto the crypto bandwagon, the market could just grow as a whole, not necessarily one coin gaining share at the expense of another. BTC has the prevailing “brand” and market cap for the foreseeable future, but that’s not to say ZEC won’t ever see a multi-billion dollar market cap as well someday.

Not that we aren’t mining Zcash because WE ARE all I’m suggesting is to mine ethereum and Monero if you aren’t sure of what else to mine is all.

zec is up 40% on the day… any idea why? just regular volatility?

with irs going after coinbase and most likely other exchanges Zcash has already proven the need for it’s existence and as soon as the z addresses work properly and enough wallets support those addresses the market share of Zcash will rise.

That new site maybe? There’s no good reason honestly why traders bid the prices they do accept to make money and leave us miners to just take in the hoohaaa

@Digitmint Hi. If I want to bet solely on the anonymity feature and hedge against any risk of adverse regulatory action, is it enough to go long ZEC short XBT or would you recommend different hedge

Here’s the thing, we have multiple coins at play here, going long on ZEC is ALWAYS good but that also means shorting the major coins: Bitcoin,Ethereum,Dash,And Monero as well so manage risks when shorting and I honestly wouldn’t On Bitcoin because it’s price will actually be going up very soon lol so Long Bitcoin as wel if you desire.

ZEC will go up I believe due to the 40% increase we saw today alone and newer dark web sites popping up and an apparent “street” price for Zcash of like $100 is already appearing in certain channels.

1 Like

If darknet markets move to ZCash wouldn’t that be negative for Bitcoin?

Yes and No, there is still a lot of uses for Bitcoin but until Zcash “replaces” Bitcoin it’s hard to tell at the moment. All of the other coins except ethereum will drastically go down due to ethereum’s main purpose of smart contracts and apps etc. the whole reason ethereum was built is something Zcash and Bitcoin will never be able to do.

You could put a small short on Bitcoin and hedge to make a huge gain if it goes down drastically but watch as both Zcash and Bitcoin go up in price it’s almost like they were made for eachother in a sense.

But the day we are able to use Zcash as we can Bitcoin is the day you place all bets on a short “fortune” once you can buy a Lamborghini in Los Angeles with Zcash like you currently can with Bitcoin, Short BTc

delusional. we can make a bet if you like :wink:

Because the era of mining and dumping seems to be coming to an end. Take a look at this graph:
https://explorer.zcha.in/statistics/value

A week after ZCash came out the blue Unspent Block Reward slice was less than 1%. Today it’s almost 25% and rising.

Miners are starting to hold onto their ZCash so the price stopped dropping. As they are less likely to sell the at times the demand exceeds the supply people are willing to sell below that price.

Simple economics.

1 Like

that makes sense, nice pie
guess we need more shielded value for it to be pumpkin pie

But the price is going up though, I don’t think this is regular supply and demand at play, miners may keep holding on Bitcoin but what about all of the other major coins??

1 Like

ZCash is really on a rise the last 2 days, even Monero is gaining traction and could soon surpass the value of ETH… I think ZCash has given Monero positive attention and buyers/investors are more interested in Monero now.

Zcash probably did start to go up due to supply and demand, i do agree with cascadiacrypto, and I think that rise may have triggered investors to start buying up, pushing the price up even higher now… and continuing to rise… I wonder how high it can go, its just incredible.

Zec fell from 67 to 56 today.
What happend out there on the markets? :hushed:

If it should go below 50 over the weekend, I might buy some more Zcash. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

i think its now more about a long term approach, will people adopt it like they have bitcoin. at least that is how aI see it now

Was always about the long term for me

are you still active on here? i have a quick question for you on ubuntu and 7+ GPUs

Sure man what’s up been busy with mining lol