Kevan here, I have 5+ years of experience in marketing and 2+ years in Web3. I’m from India and a big fan of Zcash and the privacy movement.
As a fan of Zcash, it hurts me every time when I see other ZKP projects gaining traction and community members, it’s not that I don’t want other projects to do well. But I know that people will love Zcash and what it stands for, we have a vibrant community that welcomes everyone and engages in a good discussion. Like we are best-best (Love to fellow members).
So I want to change that one person at a time, how do I do that? I’m going to scrap(Ethically) all of Twitter and Reddit for keywords like “Zero-Knowledge proof, Privacy coin, (Suggest more possible keywords)” and reply to them personally. Starting with 10 replies/day, it’s a small effort but the best I can do.
Why do I feel this is the best effort I can do?
- I love the current marketing messaging but I feel there is some work required. There might be some gaps in the messaging that we do not know about.
- We need to test different messages, we need to do research and see what is working and what is not.
- I feel scraping Twitter and Reddit will give me enough data over time to create an in-depth report of community sentiment, and messaging and provide a better understanding of the ideal Zcash user.
- This will help create better marketing campaigns in future.
- This will also give me great ideas for content around Zcash, so there is a possibility of starting a very relevant, value-proving blog.
- In future I may look to do a survey/interview 100 new Zcash users to better understand the market.
- Now meanwhile all these are happening we will be onboarding people into Zcash 1 person at a time.
- New members onboarded - I’ll create a landing page or a post on the community forum where new members can jump on to get more information(mid-funnel sort of thing - happy to engage in other ideas).
What do I need from the community?
- Honest feedback about the idea? If the Zcash marketing team can comment on their views on this it’ll be really helpful.
- Contribution. Are you a writer who wants to contribute? can you make videos? can you reply to a few Tweets or Reddit posts? please feel free to connect.
- 20 Fun facts about Zcash.
- Keywords that we can target to scrape(Ethically) - remember we’re targeting only new users who have not heard about Zcash.
- Ideas - What would be a fun experience for new users?
Note: this idea is at the ideation stage, I’ll consider community feedback and then make my decision.
Edit 1 - About making the onboarding experience fun for new users and the landing page.
Idea - Create a Landing page with a book called Zcash for 5-year-old - 10 to 15 pages and 2 to 3 lines on each page. Once a person has finished through pages they get to play a Quiz(or some other gamification). Here we can add some rewards as well to incentivize participation, getting them to use a wallet and better understand the knowledge.