Zcash Pool- Zcash.flypool.org

Oh nice!! Will try it out!

ha, just more miners piled on. welcome to crypto.
your pc does the same work, gets less done as far as reward. typical.

Possibly, but it was the suddenness of it occurring in a one hour window was why I was questioning if a pool change was made.

The payouts are normalized?

running two clients, one with a 980, a 1080, and an i7; and a second with an i3 in a laptop both windows 8.1, to flypool. nheqminer, desktop has -c 0 1 and -t 6, and shows all resources recognized in miner. hashrates validated for laptop and desktop in each of the miners logs.

how is it possible that their shares rate is almost the same when the hash rate is so different on the flypool console? Thanks.

EDIT: observed that the valid shares seems to be climbing for the desktop as the hour proceeds. I could get this explanation, but how on earth could the laptop have as many shares as the desktop at 15 min after the hour (seen below).

EDIT: if I start my miner at the top of an hour, the share counter in the miner is about double the share count shown on the flypool monitor as the hour goes on and both increment. I don’t see many rejected shares in the log. Wondering also what is up with this.

Search:
Worker Current Hashrate Average Hashrate Valid Shares (1h) Invalid Shares (1h)
desktop 60.8H/s 55.7H/s 162 (0%) 0 (0%)
laptop 2.0H/s 2.0H/s 150 (0%) 0 (0%)

@peter_zcash

What is going on with the pool? Seems to be happening every few hours. This occurred on the CN server using nheqminer_v0.2_flypool miner.

I had the same symptom, but just resuming now.
I use cn server.

same here… besides the rejected share issue. occasionally, some of my workers also will be highlighted in red even though they are running normally…

Flypool has a serious problem. As some have noticed from time to time all my miners report only invalid shares for a longer period and if I stop them and try to reconnect, the pool will not supply any new work to them. This lasts 5min or longer. After that new work is provided again and all runs normal.

In general flypool finds way too few blocks. It had 1/4 to 1/3 of all the hashrate in the past 24h. In that time 579 blocks were found on the network (expected 576) of which flypool found only 95 blocks (expected 144 to 192).

Here is a screenshot of the “statistics” page, on which I count just 95 blocks for the past 24h.

Since there is no “luck” page yet, this bad performance is not quite visible unless you dig into the numbers.

EDIT: When looking at my actual payouts/revenues within the past 24h and what they should have been considering all relevant numbers, my estimate is that the pool had a luck value of just 65%, that is 35% less revenues than expected.

1 Like

The “average effective hashrate” line doesn’t seem to make any sense. There is no reason it would go down if the “current effective hashrate” line is constantly above it.

2 Likes

Your figures make sense. I was look at suprnova at they found 214 blocks in the past 24 hours, with close to 1.2 million sols (a bit better than 1/3 of the network) and this falls inline with a bit better than the 192 estimate you list.

One thing may throw this off a bit, I see Flypool’s user hash increased from a bit under 500,000 to about 1 million in the past 24 hours. Did the overall network scale at this same rate? It is still a lot of missing blocks to explain away though.

I pointed out exactly the same thing about 12 hrs back… haven’t got any answer yet… :unamused:

I noticed the same and also that reward is small in comparison with what calculations give. With 300 Sols I must mine at current difficulty 0.08 zec/day, let’s say 0.06 in average (because of difficulty changes), but at the moment I do about 0.04 on flypool. Are there another big good pool to try?

Yes, the network hashrate was down to low 2 MSol/s yesterday and started to go up only a few hours after price jumped from 0.7BTC to 3.5BTC.

Do you have a page where historical network and pool data is plotted? I have only approximate figures in my head, hence my raw estimate above.

During the last day the total network hashrate doubled! Calculating block finding luck under such circumstances is difficult and error prone.

We checked and each block that was found by a miner was converted into a block on the network by the pool.

A luck page is on our roadmap and will be implemented soon.

Still the pool has found only 16% of the blocks while it should have found somewhere between 25% and 33%. Any guess why?

And as I type this, I see that suddenly flypool found 10 blocks within the past 45min.

Variance? Or a problem in the pool fixed very recently?

Hi Peter

I have some ZEC stuck in a z-addr on your pool. is there anyway to get you to change it to my t-addr? if so what should I do and how to prove the 2 accounts are linked?

otherwise is there any idea how long it will be until z-addr are working properly?
bit upsetting that the zec developers could not get z-addr working properly already considering z-addr and private payments is the key to ZCash.

Yes, its unique selling point isn’t even working so at the moment it is just a run-of-the-mill Bitcoin clone. And still people throw big money at it. I couldn’t care less since mining revenues are my only metrics as miner.

What is wrong with unpaid balance and payments? Unpaid balance is updated only till block 2519. Last found block is 2627.

Hi Peter,
Please clarify what is wrong with the pool, the unpaid ballance seems to be out of sync, its not updating,with a hashrate of 400h/s and on an average every 80 blocks, I was getting, 0.01 zec but since the past 300 blocks, havent made even 0.01 zec,as per the network hashrate and difficulty,even the 0.01 was less by about 35%… but the past 6 hours have been really messed up. Please revert

1 Like