Zcash4win BETA is out!

Update: Current state is still on %43 sync and received following error on pshell;

recv error An existing connection was forcibly closed by remote host. (10054)
ERROR: AcceptToMemoryPool: joinsplit requirements not met

What should I do next?

Thanks

Hi, I’m using zcash4win v1.0.12 and it seems to be utilizing my GPU during Blockchain Syncing. I currently have a GTX970 giving me ~300sols. And the moment i open Zcash4win. it drops to ~270sols. It even shows in the Win 10 taskmanger about 2% GPU usage. These are my zcash.conf settings : addnode=mainnet.z.cash
rpcuser=xxx
rpcpassword=xxx
daemon=1
showmetrics=0
gen=0

Wondering why it uses the GPU.

Destination address gives a payout how?.. Sorry,. still new

Just wanted to update everyone on here. I was having a bunch of problems with my Windows 10 system so I gave up installed Windows 7 on my Macbook pro and everything worked. I copied my wallet.dat and Zcash.conf files from my original install on my windows 10 system to the windows 7 system and everything now works. Good luck!

Interesting find. I did notice that when I stop my miner, the GPU usage is typical of idle usage, so it’s not a miner running in the background 24/7. I too saw that decrease when I open it up, though. I also noted that the power consumption decreased as well. My original 1.77 Sol/W went to 2.6 sol/W. Could this program be accidentally reserving GPU power, instead of using GPU power?

@anon47418038 What’s the SHA256 of the new version 1.0.12? Or is it signed in some other way that I can verify?

It might be good to have a link on the main page by the download button to a page on how to verify the package integrity, similar to how gpg4win’s big green download button has a link underneath it to their page on checking it’s integrity, and Tor similarly has a link under their download button for their sig file and a “what’s this?” link to explain how to verify signatures for packages.

Of course, there’s probably lots of super important work you’re already taking care of, and this likely isn’t particularly urgent. Just a suggestion.

Thanks! And keep up the good work!

A first test, I would like to send a small amount, but get the following error:

zcash4win-error

Who can help me here?

Read the popup error message it tells you exactly the issue for you to fix.

Hint, it’s the very last line

Yes, it’s right and the (small) comment over the comment field, I need a “Z” (private) address. I leave the field blank and the value was transfered. Thanks for the fast response, btw. gives a wallet (gui) for a respberry 3 b? (And sorry for my english)

Hey, sorry if it was already asked but is there a way to recover the wallet transaction history beyond the last 100 without having to dig through the chain explorer?

@anon47418038 , how do i properly delete the blockchain and force it to redownload? That way i can see all the transactions they appear. Unless theres an easier way. Looking through the explorer will require finding my random address amongst the hundreds (or thousands) of the joined split for a hundred-ish transactions (i really wish there was a way to refine it, ug), and i dont want to just delete all willy-nilly

So what I ended up doing was a backup, deleting the app files and uninstalling. Then reinstall and import the private keys when it opened. Then wait for the individual transactions to populate. Tax purposes

Hi - My ZCash4Win is unresponsive. It loads the small splash screen but it’s blank with small Java logos. Then the splash screen disappears and the main GUI window appears, but again it’s blank and I can’t do anything with it. I actually want to move my wallet from this PC to a different one but of course I can’t access the backup feature within the GUI. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling but it still does the bank GUI window. Any ideas how I can a) get ZCash4Win working again so I can run the wallet backup or b) manually perform a wallet backup which I can then move to my other PC?

Cheers
Simon

Sounds like you have an issue with Java.

Thanks. I left it overnight and the GUI is now displaying and says it’s synced, but its unresponsive so I can’t run a backup from the GUI. I copied the wallet.dat file and used it to replace the wallet.dat file on a new install of ZCash4Win on my other PC but it just created a new wallet and made a .bak of my wallet.dat file. It’s fully synced, but how do I restore the wallet.dat file I copied from the original installation with my coins in it?

Ah, so I think I fixed it. I ended up copying all the files (but not the folders) from the ZCash folder in appdata/roaming and using them to overwrite those files in the new installation on the other PC. I restarted ZCash4Win and I now have the original wallet on my other PC with my coins in there :slight_smile: I don’t know whether that’s what you’re supposed to do, but so far it’s working.

You just rename the current wallet.dat in the new installation and rename
the wallet.bak to wallet.dat

Thanks. Afraid that didn’t work to restore my wallet. When I restarted ZCash4Win it overwrote the wallet.dat file with a new blank one and saved my wallet.dat file as wallet.bak. I had to copy over all the files in that directory (except the folders) and that seems to have worked as I now have the correct wallet address in ZCash4Win - it’s syncing the blockchain now so hopefully when it’s finished I’ll be able to see my coin balance in there too.

Hey guys,… is there a good youtube vid that shows how to transfer from zcash4win to Changelly, or Kraken (which is asking for time to process…) I’ve been going through video’s for hrs now.
… I guess I need to figure out, or get, a ‘destination’ address, for Zcash4win to send to,. and then exchange it to usd. Or zec to btc, to usd and my account.

Any suggestions welcome, … and in the mean time, I’ll keep searching. thx

Its easy. Decide where you’re going to send it and within that program, associated with your zcash account, is a destination address. On my exchange (i dont use those two) it’s a little plus sign that signifies that that I would like to add zcash here. It reveals the destination address. That address is copy and pasted into zcash4win destination address box, telling it where you would like to send that zcash to. Its like a phone number or an email address.