Zcash's current performance issues are frustrating

You seem to be really unhappy. Do you think you would be happier if you left Zcash?

3 Likes

I choose support Zcash/$ZEC and support the guy/team who support Zcash/$ZEC :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

While it’s cute that you’re trying to establish yourself as some sort of influencer within the Zcash community, some of us have been with this project long enough for the varnish to dry.

If you really are for supporting a censorship-resistant technology, then you need to listen to things that may be uncomfortable for you.

1 Like

Personal attacks, sarcasm, and relentless negativity are not very helpful to listen to.

I hope you find some happiness.

1 Like

Is there any progress on fixing the wallet syncs? I thought I had seen suggestions that these problems would have been resolved in October, but for the moment in my Zec Wallet Lite that doesn’t seem the case. Do users need to upgrade their wallets to receive the fixes?

The wallet team focus is currently on sdk wallet sync time (Nighthawk). Lightwallet (or any kind of) sync such as with zecwallet lite or Ywallet depends heavily on your own computer. I have a newer device with a ryzen 5 and zecwallet lite in windows 11 restoring from seed from a 0 birthday takes over 6 hours but it works.
(Always upgrade to the latest versions)

Could you elaborate a little more perhaps? Is this mobile :iphone: ?

I was also having issues with zecwallet lite on my phone. Synching forver and never getting anywhere… tried deleting app and re building but same problem.

Then i downloaded ywallet and this wallet works perfectly. Fast, secure, reliable.

Have had a month or two of seamless use of zcash via YWallet! Happy days!

I also like the UX of the ywallet interface compared to zecwallet lite. Especially the separate section for messages from the memo field of transactions. This is neat because i feel like the private messaging functionality of zcash is an under appreciated feature of the technology.

3 Likes

Do note that when you receive a private message the lightwalletd server learns that the specific transaction belongs to you. They don’t learn the amount transferred or the addresses involved, but one must be aware that some metadata is leaked.

2 Likes

It is when your wallet retrieves the full transaction that lightwalletd can track your IP. Receiving a message does not reveal any information in itself.

1 Like

Yes, thank you for clarifying. When the wallet retrieves the full transaction the lightwalletd can track your IP.

The default action in most, if not all, Zcash lightwallets is to download the full transaction thus revealing that IP address as the recipient of said transaction.

I recommend ywallet. It works fast right now and the system is perfect.
Or use your personal wallet
And now Zcash’s mobile system has some areas to improve, but it’s easy to use and good