Mining ZEC to Ledger Nano S

thank you for the awesome answers!
can’t wait for monero support! Thank you so much again, I LOVE your Nano S.

Thinking about buying a Blue.

I asked Morveus this in another post, but figured i would ask you also :slight_smile:

So I have been learning more about hte Nano S and I have a few questions:

1. using MyEtherWallet - if i want to receive a token like REP to my ledger, what do I do?
    Are tokens stored on the ledger Nano S? can I see them in the Ledger Wallet Ethereum? Or do I have to use MyEtherWallet?

2. Electrum is only for an alternative BTC wallet in a windows/mac OSX/Linux system?

3. Mycelium is only for an alternative BTC wallet for android or iOS?
    I need a phone with OTG to use Mycelium right?

4. Are there any other mobile apps that I can use to view my ledger balances, send and receive cryptos? do the chrome apps work in android or only windows/linux/mac osx?

and 5. Do you plan to add ZClassic support in the future or is it the use of it too small at the moment?

I am making a video on how to get the wallets working in Ubuntu/Mint/Debian based Linux Distros And Arch based distros such as Antergos and Manjaro.

I would like to do as many tutorial videos for the Nano S as possible

Do you have any other suggestions other than the ideas listed in the questions above and the linux how to ?

Thanks

using MyEtherWallet - if i want to receive a token like REP to my ledger, what do I do?
Are tokens stored on the ledger Nano S? can I see them in the Ledger Wallet Ethereum? Or do I have to use MyEtherWallet?

Yes, you have to use MyEtherWallet to store tokens - you don’t have anything special to do. You can just pick one of the different HD addresses when starting MyEtherWallet, and those tokens will be associated to a private key generated by the wallet, which is what you want security wise; Our Chome application doesn’t support tokens yet, but MyEtherWallet offers a similar security.

Electrum is only for an alternative BTC wallet in a windows/mac OSX/Linux system?

yes. Electrum can also work on Android but it’s less common to use and we don’t support this configuration

Mycelium is only for an alternative BTC wallet for android or iOS?
I need a phone with OTG to use Mycelium right?

Right on both

Are there any other mobile apps that I can use to view my ledger balances, send and receive cryptos? do the chrome apps work in android or only windows/linux/mac osx?

The Chrome app only work on desktop/laptop. On Android, the best choice if you want to see multiple cryptos and don’t reveal your seed would be to use MyEtherWallet with the test Android U2F bridge available at GitHub - LedgerHQ/android-u2f-bridge: Generic support for USB U2F tokens on Android

It would be great to have a tool using an extended public key and view all balances from there, but I’m afraid it doesn’t exist yet (such as Sentinel - Samourai Wallet - Features - but for multiple tokens)

and 5. Do you plan to add ZClassic support in the future or is it the use of it too small at the moment?

that shouldn’t be too hard to support but we didn’t enough requests to do it so far.

Do you have any other suggestions other than the ideas listed in the questions above and the linux how to ?

Showing the Chrome apps, Electrum and MyEtherWallets should cover most crypto currencies related use cases in my opinion.

2 Likes

thanks for the info
is the z-addr problem fixed yet or still working on that?

yes, it’s fixed and tested. It didn’t get pushed on Friday because we were waiting for another non related bug to be fixed but everything is fine now, so it should get published tomorrow. It’s already available on Github for the device application (GitHub - LedgerHQ/app-bitcoin: Bitcoin wallet application for Ledger Blue and Nano S) and the Chrome application (GitHub - LedgerHQ/ledger-wallet-chrome: Ledger Wallet Chrome application)

1 Like

cool I so it should be ready for upgrade through ledger manager tomorrow :slight_smile:
I can wait thanks again

Good news loving my nano s

1 Like

when i try electruc-ltc for Litecoin

I always get this error no matter what I try in windows 10

no dongle found

does electrum LTC no longer work with ledger firmware 1.2?
thanks

there shouldn’t be any difference if it worked before - maybe make sure you have btchip-python installed.

I was in touch with ledger when I first got nano s as could not use with windows 10 and was told it was a bug in USB controller of my Asus motherboard, this is reply I got

What you are describing looks exactly like the Fresco Logic bug (basically, the flxh service is sending non-standard packets to USB devices when it shouldn’t). Note that both the motherboard and the USB ports will continue to work even if you kill or deactivate the service.

I didn’t know if this relates to your problems @cryptomined but thought post for reference
I could get nano s ether wallet to start one time but then it would not recognise nano been plugged in ever again on windows 10 without fix reported above,I am told bug is with Asus and windows 10 only

hm ok strange, worked with electrum btc, just not the ltc, ill try again tomorrow thanks

but the LTC litecoin app never worked for me, only the BTC app worked for me

this is the one that doesnt work:
www.electrum-ltc.org does not work for me

in the ledger support section it says “Electrum (from 2.7.0) features native support for Nano S (Linux, Windows, OS X).”

where electrum LTC is only version Latest Version: 2.6.4.2 (released 2016-05-05)… so im guessing it does not work right? only electrum bitcoin works?

the BTC one works fine: https://electrum.org works no problem

so try to deactivate flxh service?

did you try the electrum LTC? litecoin?

No have not tried electrum LTC Litecoin
Disabling flxh works and wallets are recognised it’s worth trying

According to your description you should try to get it directly from github. It seems updated to the latest version here.

and for the ZCash update, how do I update my nano so it has the proper ZCash installed (for the z-addr fix)
do I use the garbage can logo on ledger manager, delete my existing entry and then reinstall it? I see that in ledger manager it now says 1.1.2, but when i click on the + button it fails (is that becuase I already have 1.1.1 installed?)

Thanks

Yes, it will keep working same address… I always use the same address for mining. even though I receive on other addresses for other purposes. Those addresses are derived from the same 24 word seed. You are good to always accept on them.

awesome thanks for letting me know that :slight_smile:

yes that’s the idea - the manager doesn’t query the list of applications on the device yet, it’ll done in a future version

ok thanks
and v 1.1.2 is the version which fixed the sending from z-addr function, ok, thanks again

So after updating zcash wallet we don’t need to change our pool mining zcash address for payments to nano s, I take it our previous address will continue to work?

Nope… all addresses derived from 24 seed word. So unless you created new seed word by initializing your nano s, no need to change addresses.