Radical “to the moon” thread

it’s 2019 and zcash still hasn’t pumped independent of bitcoin. that’s actually pretty wild. USD trading has been really technical & easy, but BTC/ZEC is straight-up cruel. honestly believe 2019 will be much less harsh for ZEC.

1 Like

; ) top 20 achieved

Some useful information should we find ourselves on the way to the moon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

lol … funny-thing-is 2 of our largest exchanges have their volumes excluded. both are reporting roughly $35M. if the oddity happens on a few occasions, okay. but there’s no way we repeatly get volume like this, and not move drastically in one direction or the other. dunno, have a hard time believing our markets are that efficient lol

Here’s what the next bull run could look like -

galloping%20zebra

4 Likes

seeing some people complain about the “community governance panel” in other threads. problem’s they’re not talking about the most important issue, mascot choice. i voted against the zebra, wrote an enlightened piece on how terrible zebras are, and look what happened. smh

1 Like

Yeah… I know… but try finding a cute gif of a ‘space pterodactyl’… kinda rare.

1 Like

https://gifer.com/en/1R4q
hasn’t made it to space yet, but the target has been acquired.

Dont know what is it, or is it just an itch, but im feeling bullish😎

1 Like

Buy yourself a back scratcher because I feel like we’re about to fall off a cliff

Sounds just like the crypto world. How perfect lol…

Waterbear would be a good one for Bitcoin, how many times has that died now?(but didnt)

1 Like

ZEC in the 7 spot volume wise

1 Like

r /ZEC has been performing very well!

1 Like

nothing to see here. this will be back to 0.014XXX by midnight

sell volume is also considered volume.

the thing i’m interested in is that volume is over 1/2 our market cap. are you shorting ZEC?

What does that imply? Maybe wash trading? I’m out of position and wait for a decisive movement the next weeks

have several theories. probably some wash trading. the wash trading that i think could be around 15-20% of total volume serves a purpose, tho. think a lot of that wash trading is probably an alpha market maker painting the tape more than exchanges wash trading to inflate volume. this tells me there’s a very large entity(s) interested in accumulating zcash. seems like the entity has been doing this to zcash since 2017. really becomes obvious when ZEC’s volume is doing well naturally. being said, volume/market cap is still pretty incredible when subtracting (maybe) 15-20% of ZEC wash trading. that’s what i’m thinking! not sure i’ve ever traded a market where most of the volume is marketcap so it’s hard to make comparisons. maybe an IPO if the IPO was available on an open market, and not restricted to accredited investors.

TL;DR - bullish

2 Likes

If you look at most coins/tokens, they only gather a fraction of their “market cap” (a questionable metric I know) as their daily volume, usually less than 10%. What is most surprising to me, is how the daily volume of ZEC is almost always a large share of the total market cap - usually ~30% but sometimes it spikes even as far as 50%. Now, this could be wash trading, but I don’t see the point. There are better pairings with lower liquidity and listed on less regulated exchanges to manipulate. I just created a thread on ZCash and black markets. I would be interested in investigating the market penetration of ZEC in this area. I think it’s really under-rated. There is an enormous amount of value that goes into these markets daily and this could be a steady buy pressure to support ZCash’s price (which matters because that’s what is spearheading adoption and it measures how well it does against USD).

1 Like