Radical “to the moon” thread

Man idk about yall but last week sucked for me, just effing blah. But I feel better now even though it’s dawn on Monday :sunrise:

Zcash: still just a little more than a billion dollar idea.

Thinking about those $28 scoops I had back during the wutang clan bottom. Can’t see getting there again unless this last bull cycle had more to do with free fiat than core merits of the project.

Might be the latter, but seems to start being attractively priced but there are so many other truly garbage projects that just have insane valuations stratospherically higher than zcash, but we are still shedding cap faster than bitcorn. :confused: charts could see a 1:1000 ratio. That’d be something.

Been buying since $120, trying to get back to size since dumping it, but this seems like a buy and forget mentality required. Lots of big crapohola is coming this space’s way.

3 Likes

I will write a few thoughts about prices from the point of view of mining. I believe that unloading the market would be very beneficial for the price of Zcash. The fact of the matter is that ZEC is closer to its current cost price than Bitcoin and many other coins. Yes, we grew no bad, but we also shrank quickly and now the owners of Z11 are already leaving their comfort zone because electricity. Below $ 70 they will stop selling at all. Owners of the Z15 also step out of their comfort zone below $50 because most of these devices were purchased above $8000 and this price matters too (and Z15 there are much less of Z11). Unfortunately, the Z9 is already in Chinese landfills, it will not return to work.

Of course, for a short time, the price can go even below 50 on margincalls. And yet, Bitcoin miners will get out of their comfort zone well below the current BTC price (about 11000). And GPU miners will simply turn off if ETH price fall. This means that the ZEC will finally begin to grow against the major pairs. This is something that will be much more rewarding in the long term than growth paired with the dollar.

It may seem to you that this is nonsense, but the cost of mining is a very cool thing. That is why, until the ZEC receives the popularity that it deserves, I will defend the PoW model. With a PoS system, the fear of losing everything simply does not keep you from wanting to sell everything that is, regardless of STAKE-profitability. In addition to the sales of miners, there are always sales of traders with leverage, and all this increases the pressure on the price. But be sure, no ASIC miner will sell cheaper than their profitability calculations. This means that ZEC will find a confident bottom in any bear market.

PS I have shared what I know. I will not get involved in disputes. Thank you for understanding.

1 Like

Well, what will it be? We are there and it is time for the market to decide. It took a little longer than I thought but we are at the end of the descending channel where it meets critical support.

ZEC didn’t confirm the stock to flow model so don’t get your hopes up for 288k BTC this year.

I think zcash inflation is still too high and project reach too small for it to be a contender with a meaningful s2f model.

Maybe next halving

4 Likes

That is a possibility, especially if BTC does a run this year to 100k and beyond.

BTC could drop 10-20% from here and spring off support and start a new run. It is either that, a longer accumulation at this level or it drops further towards 18k. A spring or drop is most likely, which will confirm a longer bull market or we are starting a very early bear market.

Feels like that was the bottom. :pray:

5 Likes

There may be one or two more tests of $29,500ish before we head up.

I was listening to notable contrarian money manager Mike Green (@profplum99) who I agree with strongly on his views on the bubble of all bubbles in passive investing. I think he doesn’t even begin to appreciate the politics of his views, but anyway, he talks about zebras and pack mentality of investors and it was too delicious not to share:

The zebras enter around 1:16:00 but recommend the entire last half of this interview.

And since ycash has been a spicy topic, do consider the potential cataclysmic issues confronting our network, and you’ll begin to understand why some of us are turning left.

I predict BTC goes back down to $33-$34k forming preliminary support, tries to get above the 20 week SMA at $42-$44k, wherever it will be then, then back down to $30k and then the bull run starts in earnest. This could all happen in the next 2-4 weeks.

1 Like

You have to remember that the time between btcs ATH when it was 17k in late 2017 and the subsequent bottom was a year whereas its only been 3 months since ATH at 64k.
Klingons do not succumb to fomo!

Yes 30k was the temporary bottom, not the end of the market cycle bottom, which actually might be higher than 30k depending upon how high it goes the rest of they cycle. It might not go back down to that level by the looks of things. If that spring/test had sufficiently low seller volume the whales may just push it up now. But until it breaks the 20 week there can still be a shakeout.

1 Like

Hi guys, I have out from ZEC on 126$ and feel really good. I like this project as it will bring electronic cash in future overall controlled finance. But idea of ZEC is to be money (not store of value or asset) and also the value of the ECC is to give finance freedom for the many, so as ZEC chipper it is more accesible to the many. So ZEC is bad investment but the best tech for future. I will not put money in ZEC coins, but will use it with pleasure in future.

Hi BUS. Appreciate the post but I do not understand your point. It might be a translation issue. Could you kindly restate your point?

Tone Vays is a great authority among Russian cryptocurrency enthusiasts. It would be great if he paid attention to this comment from one of the Zcash fans. Thanks to all!

1 Like

@NimmyNims

B.U.S. sold his ZEC bag for $126 and is very happy about it because he thinks ZEC is a bad Investment, but he also believes that it is the best technology in crypto, which is able to become part of payments.

PS I think this is a contradiction. Because, if ZEC becomes a part of payments, then it automatically becomes the most excellent investment, since ZEC have the 21M limit on the number of coins with an unlimited number of potential users.

2 Likes

Привет! Уважаю Ваше мнение. Но я уверен, что это большая ошибка, о которой можно будет очень сильно сожалеть в будущем. Очень прошу ещё раз взвесить всё. И если Вы не старше 60 лет, то это точно лучшая инвестиция 21 века по соотношению гарантия возврата средств / потенциальная прибыль, из всех что можно найти в текущий момент. Возможно не стоит ставить на это всё, но хоть что то ставить точно следует. Удельный вес денежных средств на этой планете на два порядка выше, чем удельный вес средств сбережений.

(Hey! I respect your opinion. But I am sure that this is a big mistake that can be very much regretted in the future. I beg you to weigh everything again. And if you are not older than 60, then this is definitely the best investment of the 21st century in terms of money back guarantee / potential profit ratio, of all that can be found at the moment. Perhaps you shouldn’t bet everything on it, but at least you should definitely bet something. The share of payments asset on this planet is two orders of magnitude higher than the share of savings asset.)

3 Likes

Thanks @artkor for the additional clarification. My confusion was the contradiction you point out clearly that if ZEC becomes part of the world’s payments infrastructure, then it becomes one of the greatest investments ever.

1 Like

A person restored their dat file on an old QT based wallet and is syncing, taddy balance only it looks like so maybe it’ll work! Otherwise at least they can get the keys properly now and restore that way! Fingers crossed! It’s not me but I attempted to assist the person so I’m rootin for em now!

3 Likes