Radical “to the moon” thread

4 Likes

That’s good news. Doubt it will affect the price much but it’s good for visibility.

Edit: Smallish pump gets halted by sellers. We formed a bearish engulfing candle on the hourly chart setting us up for more downside.

I think 1st quarter we dont see any big pump, but its not that bad, cause i can accumulate more cheap zec😉

imo, Q1 really depends on what happens with bakkt. they receive approval to operate we’ll end the quarter on a solid note. even if ZEC has no news, we’ll still get pulled along for the ride. noticed bittrex has followed in the steps of other exchanges, and opened an OTC trade desk for institutions. must be a profitable endeavor since all these exchanges wouldn’t be doing that for no reason.

2 Likes

Here goes our first quarter

https://longhash.com/news/bakkt-bitcoin-etf-fail-to-get-green-light-amid-us-government-shutdown

market cap $313M
volume $187M
total supply 5.7M ZEC
-.- no serious movement in either direction

this is with volume from our top exchange excluded. a certain % of that volume on excluded exchanges must be real. one day our markets will get tired of being pushed around. no market on the planet is naturally this efficient. at this point reporting sites like coinmarketcap/etc wants people to believe ZEC can trade it’s entire market cap in 2 days, and not make a significant movement.

ZEC had two fakeouts in both directions and are now going sideways until we eventually dump with bitcoin. nothing to see here. inflation is killing this coin slowly

Inflation kills everything slowly, BTC suffered the same in its early days - now fast forward to our first halving & the world suddenly changes.

For now, inflation effects can be offset by innovation/adoption/marketing/wallets/etc - sideways trading with the occasional small pump is just fine for me, plenty of time to accumulate.

2 Likes

somebody’s been capping ZEC since early 2017. i’ve fought with them on kraken on plenty of occasions. one thing i can say for certain is they have a lot of money, and they’re very determined.

2 different sources reporting roughly the same numbers:
market cap ~ $309M
24 hour volume ~ $258M

3 Likes

strange. how is that even sustainable? and with no big moves in either direction. if it wasn’t crypto I would be suspicious.

3 Likes

nice to see TX rebound back into the 4-5K range

where is this TX chart from?

Just as an advice on the most reliable source for TX i would go with the official Zchain explorer:
Tx last 24 hours:
Transparent TX: 2941
Shielded TX: 525
Fully shielded TX: 56

Total: 3,522 TX last 24 hours

TX last 7 days:
Transparent TX: 21354
Shielded TX: 3512
Fully shielded TX: 285

Total: 25,151 TX (average: 3,593 TX per day

Just as an advice when it comes to TX the best source in my opinion is the Zchain explorer as it’s first hand data including all (transparent, shielded and fully shielded TX).

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/zcash-transactions.html

The graph doesn’t seem to be accurate to the numbers but is either lagging or forcasting due some kind of momentum:

On the bitinfocharts itself it states:last 24h 3,466 TX

As said allready, to be on the sure and accurate side it’s best to use the official ZEC blockexploer at Zchain which shows the best data you can get for TX last 24 hours, even with the ZEC values…

actually checking the bitinfocharts and comparing them i noticed there numbers don’'t include the fully shielded TX:

Last 24 hours TX due bitinfocharts: 3,466 TX
Last 24 hours TX Zchain blockexplorer: 3,522 TX
fullly shielded TX last 24 hours: 56 TX
Conclusion 3,466 TX + 56 TX = 3,522 TX shown on the Zchain explorer

random coins pumping. REP +53% STEEM +22%

ayyy lmaooo

New url

1 Like

REP - $48M volume on 11M supply ~ +43%
steem - $9M volume on 309M supply ~ +19%

ZEC - $167M volume on 5.6M supply ~ -1.7%
zcash has basically traded it’s entire market cap 2-3 times over this week alone. no serious movement. mebbe it’s just getting more expensive to cap our market. having a rough time figuring this one out. zcash has been in the top 10 volume wise all week, but has nothing to show for it. personally would’ve figured we would’ve gotten rid of most sellers after the 2nd/3rd time we traded our entire market cap this week alone. weird!

not sure why crypto media isn’t reporting on this phenomenon. imo, ZEC’s market cap/volume spectacle is very newsworthy.

1 Like