Solved- ethOS need help on Zcash

I figured it out…

I’m having an issue, mostly lack of knowledge.

I have the most current version of ethos 1.2.3 and was able to get my system running on the ethosdisto pool.

I really want to mine Zcash on my ethos with my 4 nvidia 1070’s

Can anyone share their conf file settings?

I see that EWBF mining was added in the latest Change Log but i’m clueless on how to set that up on ethos.

I was running EWBF on windows and sending everything to slushpool for ZEC and made the switch to ethos. I’m having a hard time locating info I can follow to setup something similar.

Anyone out there help point me in the right direction?

Share your local.conf?

I am using ewbf on ethos with 1070 as well.

Here is mine.

miner f27f72 ewbf-zcash
maxgputemp 85
stratumproxy enabled
proxywallet walletaddyhere
proxypool1 us1-zcash.flypool.org:3333
proxypool2 eu1-zcash.flypool.org:13333
flags
globalfan 65
globalcore 2012
globalmem 4652
globalpowertune 125

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, that helps a lot…Need to get mine on the OC train.

What kind of results are you seeing with your globalpowertune at 125?? I’ve been trying different things, but I can’t see a noticeable difference.

It’s the same results. I maxed out the OC as much as I could while it staying stable and then lowered the power down to when it was most efficient. These are getting about 3.7-3.8 on avg sol/w.

So I’ve given up on Windows 10 and I am trying to run ewfb on ethOS.

I have updated ethOS. But aside from half assing my conf file I’m really not sure what else I’m supposed to do. Any help?

Im not sure Im doing things right myself. I have all Nvidia GTX 1070,1080 and 1080ti cards.

On version 1.2.3 I was getting a stable 2600 sols with my 5 cards. I’m one to always dive into a new patch upgrade, so on 1.2.4 I upgraded and my old settings would not work. Modified my local.conf and could only maybe get 2500 sols. Now I’m on 1.2.5 and I’m only at 2450 sols.

Easy way to get going is comment out a lot of the lines in the local.conf file. #.

Here is what I’m currently running on my local.conf. If anyone has pointers please let me know.

miner XXXXXX ewbf-zcash
maxgputemp 85
stratumproxy enabled
proxywallet THX-1138
proxypool1 zec.slushpool.com:4444
flags --cl-global-work 8192 --farm-recheck 200
globalfan 75
mem 5000 5000 5000 5000 5000
core 4b9a67 1900 1900 1900 1900 1900
pwr 4b9a67 130 145 130 160 185

GPU’s are 1/1070 2/1070 3/1070 4/1080 5/1080ti

Cards 1,3,4 are all Nvidia from Bestbuy and cards 2 and 5 are GigaBytes. The Gigabytes run a lot cooler.

mem 4b9a67 5000 5000 5000 5000 5000

1 Like

Good Catch, Thanks…

1 Like

Hi, just wondering how your mining is going mining zcash with ethos. I am in the process of building my first rig. Have no Linux experience. I’m using ethos 1.2.3 on the preloaded ssd and the asrock btc 13gpu MB with 13 evga GeForce gtx ftw 1060 6GB on the way should arrive this week… I guess my main question is where is the best place to go to learn how to start using ethos? And does that 13 gpu board work like it is supposed? Also, running rigs like this would I need to do some electrical work in my house???

Hi,
I recommend doing a small electrical power project.
13 boards consume a large amount of electricity.

• Try to connect your equipment to a 240v power supply.
    Efficiency and performance will boost and ensure smooth operation.

• If there is no 240v point, you need to be aware of electrical, to pick up electricity direct from the central frame of your house.

in this link you will go directly to the developer site, there you will find everything you need, in detail.
Need basic Linux tips.
It is not difficult, just a few hours on the internet and you will get the information you need.

http://ethosdistro.com/kb/

I hope I have helped

Take care…

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind feedback! I have so much to learn, and in today’s market I can’t learn it fast enough. With the increasing difficulty on everything and the Ethereum fork that I’m learning about…I know people have made substantial money being a miner but the market is volatile. I just want to make sure I’m getting off on the right foot. Thank you again for your reply! Have a great week.

Keith

2 Likes

Thank you so much for that link!

Have a great day!

Keith

1 Like

Have you ever ordered cards from alibaba.com? I created an account and it appears that you can buy graphics cards really cheap there, among other things. I have a complete description for an evga GeForce gtx 1080ti and it’s only 200.00 per card with a minimum order of 2…I am just leery about ordering from them even though their company profile is on their site…anyone have any experience with alibaba.com??? Is it worth the risk?

It may be on the up and up but I fear that it sounds too good to be true…

1 Like

Thank you so much for the link…you’ve given me such good info…I feel like I should be paying for the advice! :rofl:

There is a steep learning curve. I have managed to mine about 3 zec coins since July. I have been using Slushpool as my mining pool. So far so good, but I do feel im not maximizing my efforts due to my lack of knowledge on optimal setup/efficiency and lowering power/cooling etc using Ethos…

I have been using alibaba.com for a few years now, the best pointers i can offer would be, only pay via PayPal, its worth the 5% fee knowing, if you end up with a load of defected products you have some hope of getting your money back.
Establish a good connection with the manufacturers sales team keep a record of the conversations and orders. Competition is fierce there are plenty of genuine companies who can offer competitive prices, it works to your advantage shopping around different suppliers and mentioning better prices.
Be wary of any company that does not have the patience to comply with your needs, a true company will attend to your queries no matter how basic, as a buyrer from overseas you are revered by the chinese manufacturing industry. Saying all that i have been scammed of alibaba but only once, yet still trade on alibaba. It would make sense to say a person who lives on the other side of the world would be less worried about you knocking on thier door so be absolutely certain that you know who you are paying, what you are buying and how you are paying before finalising any deal. Good luck.