Z9 performance and general discussion

What are Z9 mini’s hashrate and power consumption at 750Mhz?

I see some people on Bitcointalk talking about their overclocked Z9 mini’s being burnt within weeks.

You guys are facing what live in EU everyday. Everything we buy from China need to pay duty, the same % all over EU, and VAT (22% in Italy). The duty % is applied to the good, the VAT to the goods and the shipping cost. If the shipping cost isn’t declared, or not specifically reported as free or included by incoterm, they will apply the maximum rate and the VAT will be calculated accordingly. Why? Because TNT, DHL, UPS got a commission on the custom clearance cash in.

The best solution is to buy and switch them on inside the CN border.

I get an average of 16.34 sol/s registered on the Antminer console, although pool hashrate is lower. Currently coin-switching on Mining Pool Hub, so it’s not easy to see the average hashrate pool-side.

As for power consumption, I’ve not measured it. Some estimates I’ve seen are about 400W.

share a link with us?

power consumption @16K is 450 Watt

Burned devices are mostly because of suboptimal temperature conditions / overheating.

1 Like

Which is a well-known side effect of overclocking.

this is what I see on mine:

I’ve only seen that one person that had a Z9 mini failure. He has several others that are working fine, and it may have failed even without overclocking. I would say it is an infant failure.

i wouldn’t say so infant. He stated that boards were 90° and over.

In anycase all my second batch z9 mini have the old menu BUT not even 1 hashes with 750 nor 700 frequency.
Old batch run stable with 750. New batch all run @ 650. If I go higher they just don’t hash…

It’s BS having the second batch hashing less than the first imho. 99.9% it’s a software softlock and not hw related.

1 Like

Someone should dare to load the previous firmware.

I wonder if this has something to do with the antminer spd v1.1.2 thread… interesting

what do you mean by old menu, with free frequency drop down option?

I just got the fee. for AWP3++ 30.65CHF=31.57$ and for Z9 mini 88.55CHF=91.22$

yep. I’ve received the miners some days ago but didn’t plug them in till today(upgrading power grid).

Innosilicon ftw I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

wth, why?!! lets see what my next z9mini’s are about…

I confirm.
I have got several batch A Z9mini, with a File System Version Sat May 26 20:42:30 CST 2018, those ASICs can be overclocked,
and a few from batch B with a File System Version Sun Aug 12 17:43:41 CST 2018, locked, with no dropbox for overclocking!

<div class=“cbi-value-field”>
<select id=“ant_freq” class=“cbi-input-text”>
<option value=“500”> Balance </option>
<!–<option value=“550”> Turbo </option>–>

</select>
</div>

Well it only overclocks 50% and the price difference between batch 1 and batch 2 was 100%, still not bad

Makes no sense, the point is what the device can do, whatever the price is.
Obviously, bitmain only locked the feature, but the machine can certainly do better…
Did someone find the way to unlock OC ?

@Moordrik Of course I’m not blaming Zcash for the application of tariffs to imports from China; I’m merely stating that I’ve reached a personal limit in terms of what I’m willing to spend on mining equipment between this ASIC and my previous expenditures on GPU rigs. Besides, I’m just not interested in contending with short upgrade cycles, distant customer support of questionable value, and lack of meaningful warranty coverage.

Naturally, to those going all in now more than ever, I commend you, and I certainly hope Zcash moons in the long-run. I’ll be OK with my crypto-Camry while y’all are racing your lambos. :smile:

1 Like

Just you wait @belgarion84! I am more confident in zcash than ever
The z9miniOC thread

1 Like