Zcash Pool- Zcash.flypool.org

To what pool did you move?

Is there someone of Flypool support? Last mined block one hour ago is it normal??

We have deployed a new stratum version that will disconnect your miner if it submits either invalid or stale shares. It looks like there are some buggy miners (Genoil?) being used that start to submit only invalid or stale jobs after some time. We recommend to monitor the miners closely and restart them once they start to submit invalids.

Dangā€¦ that sucksā€¦ Iā€™m having major issues as well. @peter_zcash Does @Genoil just need to release a new miner with your new stratum version to fix all this?

I thought 0.5 was supposed to help, if you havenā€™t upgraded already. People are also using scripts to restart Genoil when it needs it to keep it going

Thanks for the update. Did the deployment effect the pool for the last 1-2 hours? It seems there was 1-2 hours where no blocks were found by the pool until just a few minutes ago again. I also have a lot of invalid shares in the last hour, without changing anything in my setup (only using sarathā€™s nheqminer CPU miner).

And yet, I see all my miners (about 20) on various ssytems (AMD/Nvidia/CPU only) running varoius miners all do the same thing, all in your pool, all starting at the same timeā€¦ Kinda points to the pool being the problem, no ?

Also, I donā€™t see that many invalids on my end as you claim to have on yoursā€¦

Invalid shares are not related to the pool it is your miner that produces a invalid solution. Obviously the pool has to reject invalid solutions.

As there are hours where the pool finds 10+ blocks there are also hours where the pool finds no blocks at all. Unfortunately it is impossible to eliminate variance when mining.

@peter_zcash Are miners disconnected after only one stale/invalid share, or after several? Would this logic cause any issues with higher-latency (e.g. Asia/South America) connections?

Understandable, just seemed to be odd timing, but could be coincidence.

Could you please post which type of miners are you using? Does the issue persist if you restart your miner?

Why disconnect ?

Just treat it as an invalid share (rejected) and move on

Because the miner continues to submit only invalid solutions and causes a huge stress on the pool.

I was just getting 0.0sol/s for about an hour, even after restarting the miner several times, genoils is the one im using for my AMD machine. also all my rigs are showing invalid shares, even after theyā€™ve been working.

http://zcash.flypool.org/miners/t1LLAYZHmSFgAWdMeaZzat8rUsfkiTrB8pR

But Onecoin can do that! /s

I was looking at roughly 5% invalid shares with an autorestart of 900 seconds on Genoil.

My AWS servers running Xenoncat and Tromp solvers are lower than 1% invalid shares and now i have to create a restart script :frowning:

Peterļ¼Œif the miner shows 0 sol/s, it means submitting invalid or stale jobs ?

@trolloniex Heres one i put together, currently using it on my windows rigs, works fine.

Iā€™m running genoil 0.5 on AMD systems and the nicehash miners on Nvidia/CPU only. Restarting does nothing, besides youā€™re already closing my connection after an invalid. Wich is like 1 in 40 or 60 for my side, depending on the rigā€¦

On which OS? Genoil 0.5 is known to be very buggy.