ZEC balance did not show on Ledger Live

The experience of making ZEC transaction on Ledger Live is really bad. The balance did not show up after my zec deposit to Ledger wallet was fully confirmed. That makes me unable to proceed any ZEC transaction after the hardware wallet ‘received’ the ZEC on blockchain as the displayed balance on wallet UI was 0. Although it has been solved after me imported the hardware wallet seeds to ZEC hot wallet and finished running the blockchain data (spent 3 hours+).

Just wondering if the ZEC team can co-work with Ledger wallet team to integrate ZEC blockchain better? Or is there any pro-Zcash wallet that can connect with hardware wallet other than those provided by wallet companies (guarda, atomic, ledger etc) .

2 Likes

Hi,

I wonder if you can offer any advice regarding a Zcash withdrawal transaction from my Exchange to my Ledger device? The transaction was successfully sent @ 18:49 yesterday but hasn’t appeared in my portfolio of transactions on my Ledger as yet.
The receiving wallet address is correct & the transaction ID shows 645 confirmations in explorer. Exchange checked all they can & awaiting response from Ledger. I have done this process many times before but never had a delay of this length. Any help/advice would be appreciated thanks

yeah the balance wouldn’t show on ledger live that you have no control on zec fund keeping in ledger wallet until you import ledger seed to zec full node wallet and recover the portfolio. Doing that makes your cold wallet no longer safe (as you typed your seeds somewhere) and you would need to reset that afterwards.

Thanks for quick response & for information, all understood. Very frustrating with Ledger in regards to Zcash. Will await/push for a response from Ledger & failing that will look into your suggestion.

Thanks again

2 Likes

I cant withdrawal ZEC from my Ledger either - Im Using Trezor, Ywallet, and Zingo now.

1 Like

Yes that sucks

Anybody knows if I can use a ledger 24-word seed phrase with the extra passphrase (25th word) in YCash Wallet or anywhere else? Haven’t tried it yet - just wanted to know if it is possible in general?

1 Like

and one more question - ledger support told me, I could use a trezor with my 24+1 seed phrase. Does Trezor have problems like Ledger as well at the moment or is it worth buying a Trezor and doing this?

1 Like

Not sure, you might have to try, either it will work or say its invalid. Trezor is similar in that it doesnt support shielded Zcash, I cant speak to whether its worth buying or but personally I wouldn’t at least currently

1 Like

Hello, i have the same problem. I sent zec to my ledger but cannot see in ledger live. What should i do?

1 Like

Do you have txid?

1 Like

I am having the same issue with ledger live on iOS and desktop. Looking at the advance logs under my zcash account on iOS shows the block height stuck at 1992063. I tried clearing the cache but it doesn’t fix it. So I think the app isn’t syncing with the explorer.

3 Likes

Yes same issue for me also, my ledger is not displaying any recent transactions for zcash

2 Likes

Dev pls do something for ZEC daily users that do not have coding skills

Hi all,

quick update to whoever is facing the same issue re. Ledger. I bought a trezor model O and used the same seed phrase which worked perfectly - all wallet balances and transactions now show up as they should. Even the secret passphrase, which I setup for my Ledger works with Trezor. I can initiate transactions without any problems.

Poor support from Ledger - opened a ticket last week, no response so far.

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Hi you all,
I had the same issue some time ago,
I had to export the private keys and import them in a compatible software wallet (Jaxx Liberty on linux desktop).

Then sent vs Ywallet.

This helped me. —> Generate private keys (advanced)

P.S. Special attention, this is your seed. Do it in a safe environment!!

3 Likes

FYI, I spoke to ledger support today through their website chat, the response I received was that they are of aware of the issue and working on a fix, however they were unable to provide an ETA

1 Like

Perhaps someone can do a fund raising to produce a zec-only cold wallet that solves the issue.

:grin::grin::grin:

Ywallet can be used as a cold wallet.