Native Mac Miner Release v4 (new GPU BETA)

I have the same problem, can change the start.sh but it doesn’t affect anything. Keeps mining for ‘1GaGRtcCjb7ThaDgDLjgVwV8fctzEf12ct’.

This only happens when I open the nheqminer, when dragging start.sh it doesn’t work.

Go to dir in terminal and change start.sh and start it from there in terminal or wait till gui is out. Sry for rushing this early version out. gui has all you need. Start, stop, configs etc.

Cd to dir and type start.sh. Works.

Works ok but i dont know if worth to keep it while sleeping. A mac is more precious than a ZEC .

1 Download this:
https://github.com/justvanbloom/nheqminer/raw/kost/mac/nheqminer.zip
2 Go to downloads folder copy nheqminer to MAC desktop.
3 Go inside nheqminer folder to desktop and right click on start.sh > Open with TextEdit then edit your Zec address and mining pool. > Command + S to save edited file.
4 Open terminal then inside terminal use this commands :
cd Desktop
cd nheqminer
./start.sh

Copy and paste in terminal line by line.
Then Should start and see like this.

Thank you justvanbloom.

1 Like

After running 24h. Works for me fine
System iMac 2011 3,4 GHz / 16GB, AMD 6970M 1GB
Speed [300 sec]: 9.60333 H/s, 18.0033 Sol/s

1 Like

thanks. working by this way.
13sols. mac pro.

Testing… :wink:

5 Likes

Hey @justvanbloom, thanks for this! Sent donation for sure!

Quick question: does the GPU mining for AMD work with this port (-od parameter)? Can that be added?

For the folks not used to terminal / command line stuff, here’s what I would suggest:

1. Put nheqminer in your home directory in Finder. The one with the little house by it.
  2. Run the Terminal app from the launcher (the little rocket thing in your task bar… click it, type “terminal” and click on it). You should see that the line in Terminal has the same name as your home directory in Finder. It’s this what-directory-am-I-in stuff that I think is confusing people.
  3. Open start.sh in TextEdit, make the changes that you want, save it for future use.
  4. Copy the line from start.sh in TextEdit, and paste it into Terminal. Hit Return. Presto!

Hope that helps.

Thx. For the gpu currently porting silentarmy to os x. So, will be integrated in next release with gui.

2 Likes

wondering how much improvement silentarmy will bring? any guesses?

Today finalizing for release.

4 Likes

RELEASE

go straight to Release section: click here

Mining Zcash on Mac the easy way.

Mining on Mac:

Zcash Miner Screenshot

Acknowledgments and credits

Acknowledgements

This miner is based on Equihash Miner for NiceHash
Thanks to Zcash developers for providing most of the code
Special thanks to tromp for providing optimized CPU equihash solver
Special thanks to xenoncat for providing assembly optimized CPU equihash solver
Special thanks to Zcash Community on Slack

Credits

Author of this miner: Kost

Author of Mac GUI for this miner: JustVanBlooM

Donations

If you feel this project is useful to you, feel free to donate.

BTC address: 1GaGRtcCjb7ThaDgDLjgVwV8fctzEf12ct
2 Likes

Thank you for your work. I have an old Mac Pro (2010) whose CPU predates Intel’s AVX extensions. Will xenoncat’s code work on this processor? Will you be making a ReadMe file?

Should. Just try it. The gui version should autoswitch to best matching solver.

I’m getting this
[16:53:39][0x000070000870b000] stratum | Worker not authorized: t1YXLyyna7rSU9SihabXKhj1g7kuvNdPXXX
[16:53:39][0x000070000870b000] stratum | Disconnecting
[16:53:39][0x000070000870b000] stratum | Stopping miner
libc++abi.dylib: terminating
I just copied and pasted a jaxx wallet address in and used a random password. Was that incorrect?

You need a pool to mine. For solo mining you need a full node.

I had stratum+tcp://zec-eu.suprnova.cc:2142 and retyped just the example pool info you had already and neither worked. Is there something else I need to do to become a part of the pool?

Flypool’s seems to be working. I’ll mess with the other pools later. Thank you!

1 Like

for server_port: zec.suprnova.cc:2142

For Supernova you need to fill your Weblogin.Worker on ZecAddress (Weblogin.Worker)
and your pass after you created the worker in the dashboard by supernova

From pool to pool diffrent.

Excellent work! V2 works perfect after I updated to macOS 10.12.1.

I’m using it with the suprnova pool and just added my worker details into the box for zcash address.

I’ve created a video showing the miner in action on my iMac 2.5GHz i5 @ 13 Sols/s
Zcash Miner For Mac OSX

1 Like